Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My first ASAT harvest

Old 10-31-2005, 09:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My first ASAT harvest

Man, that's too cool! I actually stalked a Momma, Daddy and two pups last year and shaved the hair off one of their backs after closing the distance for over 45 minutes (not as used to judging distance from the ground! and there was a big ditch between us that threw me off. There, I think that's enough excuses for now )... I'm like Matt; I think they're a first-rate trophy with a bow!
Old 11-01-2005, 01:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good dog food
Old 11-01-2005, 02:04 AM
Typical Buck

good job!!
Old 11-01-2005, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hows young Blakes season coming along?
Well Aussie, he has beat me to the punch and put down a doe real early in the season. The only ASAT he had on at the time was his face mask. He had just got to his stand and was able to get his younger brother buckled in his stand and was back on the ground when she came in.

Momma said you'll go blind doing that[8D]
Now that there is some funny stuff!!

r the yotes all that small in ur area??
No, they are all not quite that small. I think this was a young one. The one I got last year was quite a bit bigger.

I almost had another one on Thursday night last week. But I got a bit greedy and tried to shoot him in the back of the head!! I want a coyote skull with my broadhead hole in it! That makes 3 mangy yotes with my mighty SQ2. With as many that are out there, I could make it 4 by the end of season.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:39 AM

I would love to shoot one of those buggers!!! i have had two chances...once in rifle season in pa, but i thought it was a dog....went over the hill and it was shot and once during spring turkey, it came running out and i shot at it but missed with my shotgun...oh welll.........CONGRATS
Old 11-01-2005, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

is that the 3d stuff...
Yes it is, very nice 3d suit.

But for all you ASAT dealers reading this, I have a few suggestions.

Pockets...can they add atleast one gear pocket to the jacket? Someplace to slip a call in a hurry.

And Iwish my head net had another string to pull the bottom ofthe mask tight. It always seems to ride up into my line of sight.

Just my opinion.

Oh Yeah, forgot one...this is a complaint I have of anything with leg zippers for slipping over boots. Can the zippers be put on the inside of the legs? I am forever smacking that dang zipper on my stands.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats, its not the easiest to get a yote into bow range, they are usually pretty spooky.
you can come up here and thin a few out of the heard after your done there if you want
Old 11-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job! I've taken a couple of Red Fox with the bow but never had a chance at a Coyote.