Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

poachers

Old 10-31-2005, 11:41 AM

Default poachers

well i just found out that someone poached one of the big deer from the road that goes by our property. the landowner has contacted the game warden and they said they have caught this idiot before. well we have worked hard to take a good buck w/ our bows legaly and this idiot drives by and shoots it w/ his gun. man that burns me up!!!!
Old 10-31-2005, 11:57 AM

Default RE: poachers

yea that really sucks when that happens. around state college pa, there were a lot of guys who would go out and shoot a whole pile of deer with spotlights........not much that can be done
Old 10-31-2005, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot the sun of a bitch

Old 10-31-2005, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hate to here that, it gives honest hunters a bad name. Hopefully the game warden will do the right thing and throw the book at that guy.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:20 PM

I would talk with the landowner and have him get with game warden and have this jerk prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law... Down here in Ga. if someone gets busted for that sort of activity, their name(s),and series of events gets published in GON (Georgia Outdoors News) in the Hall of Shame department...
Old 10-31-2005, 05:09 PM

The 200 or so acres I key in on at a military base suffers from poaching as well. Over the early part of this year and up into the spring I found no less that 5 deer skeletons that had been recently skinned and dumped near the road.

vashadowhunter
Old 10-31-2005, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

When is poaching season? Last poacher I got was a scrawny little thing not worth mounting. I've been hoping to get a trophy poacher, you know the kind with one tooth in his mouth and a big ole beer belly, to hang on the wall at the office. And while we're on the subject, is spot lighting poachers legal?

Here in Iowa DNR will put out a decoy with an infrared camera pointing towards the road. They get plenty of pic's of poachers, their vehicles, and license plates that way. Kind of fun to read about them in the newspaper, especially the part where they end up forfeiting their vehicles, guns, get heavy fines, jail time, and then the meat goes to food pantries.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same here in Ontario, the MNR uses mechanical deer and moose near roads and rivers, shoot one and your busted. The Ontario Out of Doors magazine also reports on the idiots that get caught.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:33 PM

You should hear some of the funny stories I've been told by a Game Warden down here. One guy parked a hundred or so yards past the dummy deer and snuck up from behind it and hit it with a hammer. Another guy was busted on film and they called the other Warden waiting down the road to make the stop. The one that was filming kept hearing this guy rev his truck real loud so he called down to see what was going on. His buddy said this idiot is trying to prove to me that his car had backfired and that he didn't just do what they had him on video doing. There are way more and some funny one's, but as far as poaching, they better start making examples out of these idiots are it's never gonna stop.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

that guy is obviously a bastard with no values.....you should poach him....

Quick Reply: poachers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.