Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

All the bad luck turned to good cause i was SUCCESSFULL TONIGHT!!!!!!

Old 10-30-2005, 08:02 PM

Default All the bad luck turned to good cause i was SUCCESSFULL TONIGHT!!!!!!

about 5:00 This evein a doe walks in on the other side of the field and i am watchin her, when i decide to look to my right and the in a doe about 25 or 30 yrds, walks parralle to me, so i am thinkin that she will not come in (plus she was on the neighborin property) when she turned and started to come toward the property we are huntin on. Finally she gets on our propety but i have no shot cause of a limb and she in quaterin to me. So i decide to stand, then she walks a little closer and turns a little bit so i decided to come to full draw(luckly with out getin busted) and set the pin right behind the shoulder and hit the release and let her fly. makin a almost great shot,,,arrow did hit a little hit than i wanted it to,but my bow is kinda slow and it shoot high inside of 20 yards and i forgot to compensate,,but none the less she only when maybe 80 or 90 yrd

BTW the shot was at 15yrds still quatering to me so it entered high hit the close side lung maybe the far side,,but kinda bought it as the arrow left her body about 5 or 6 inches in from of her rear leg but the magnus stringer did it job successfuly

sorry i have no pic yall they did turn out very well on the digital camera but we got some on film hopefuly they will turn out

PS: This is my second year huntin with a bow and it is also my second deer taken with a bow,,and im lovin it
Old 10-30-2005, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: All the bad luck turned to good cause i was SUCCESSFULL TONIGHT!!!!!!

nice job....i can't wait till i get one
Old 10-30-2005, 10:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: All the bad luck turned to good cause i was SUCCESSFULL TONIGHT!!!!!!

congrats!
Old 10-30-2005, 10:43 PM
Typical Buck

CONGRATS!!!
Old 10-31-2005, 01:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrates
Old 10-31-2005, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good job, can't wait to see the pic.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

Good job, I would just like to say one thing, don't take it the wrong way, Im not raggin just trying to help you. That said You took a risky shot, It worked out this time but this is how you can lose a deer fast. If it were a elk You would have been cussing yourself right now. try for broadside or quartering away shots, there is a ton of bone up front that can deflect the arrow and send it under the skin down the side of the animal. Had you waited just a bit more she would have probley givin youa better shot. Just food for thought. from a old salt with 30+ seasons under my belt. Now go make more meat. LOL again congrats.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:10 PM

Rich i can see your point but when i shot i actully thought she was more broadside than what she ended up bein,,even when she took off with the arrow in her side i still did look like it exited in front on her rear leg and i actully though that i had hit both lungs,,,little did i know that it had exited were it did
Old 11-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!!