Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Almost died tonight

Old 10-31-2005, 04:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Almost died tonight

They aren't close until they sound like a bullwhip being cracked in your ear. When two or three hundred come by or throw dirt in your face you know someone is after you.[8D]
Old 10-31-2005, 05:31 AM
Typical Buck

David, I did two tour's in the middle east, But this is different. its like being sniped in you back yard. Not to cool.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm strictly a bowhunter and hunt strictly in bow season now because of a similar incident around 21 years ago in the mountains of WV. I was 2/3 of the way up a ridge and sitting fat, dumb and happy when I heard the retort of a gun and whistle of a bullet over my head. That was followed by two more. I laid down on the ground and crawled up behind a big tree after the first shot and I prayed "Lord, get me out of this alive and I'm selling my guns and finding a safer way of hunting."

All has been safe, sofar as I know, until last year. On the last day of the hunting season in SC I was hunting on a friends farm. Unbeknownst to be, there were some gun hunters in the woods, too. about 20 minutes before the sun went down I heard the loud report of a rifle going off. This time I didn't hear the bullet whistle, but the person who took the shot was close enough that I could clearly hear him yelling "Yahoo, I got him!!"

I won't go back to that farm again! I will hunt public land that is archery only, first!

Bill
Old 10-31-2005, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

WOW ...THAT HAD TO BE SCARRY .... " I'D LIKE TO SPIT SOME BEECHNUT IN THAT DUDE'S EYE AND SHOOT HIM WITH MY OLE45"

ROLL TIDE
DD

Old 10-31-2005, 07:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Rich Baker

yes we where in Orange
WTF? Must have been a real brain surgeon or you guys have some enemies. You can't not see that orange!