Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I MISSED ONE!!!

Old 10-29-2005, 07:08 AM

Default I MISSED ONE!!!

well yesturday kinda sucked,,i go after school and get in the stand and i start to daydream about a deer walkin the trail in front of me when i see awhat i thought was a doewalk out on the other side of the field and started coming straight to me. It took him maybe 30seconds to cover about 150yrds so he was comin in pretty fast so i get my bow and was wishin i could get stood up so i would not have to make a sittin shot but i did want to spook him. When he finaly gotwithin 40yrd i relized that itwas the little 4 point thathas been runnin around,,but anywayshe keptcomin and he got to the trail which is about 8yrd away and he looks up at me and walks a littlefurther out in the thequail buffer zone around the fieldand i come to full drawset my kissing and ligned up my peep to my sight and put the pin behind if shoulder and let it go and i feel a nicelittle painright below my eye cause i did think tomake sure the string was on the end of my nose were it should be so i ended up missin and losin my friggin arrow in the buffer zone.He ended up goin out tothe field and stood there at about 45 yrds or so and thenhebouncedoff over to the nieghboring property. Hopefuly he will come back and give meanother shot like that,,next time i willthink i will risk spookin him off so i can stand upto shoot. THis is just a bad year so far,,course i have seen more deer this year
Old 10-29-2005, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I MISSED ONE!!!

Keep trying, you'll get one. As soon as you see something off in the distance slowly stand and get ready. Bucks usually will pass just like you said. If you notice it seem's that bucks have a place in mind that they want to go. They usually don't just mill around like the does.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Keep trying
Old 10-29-2005, 11:51 AM

Keep trying. I missed a giant 8 pointer last year and he ran across the road and got shot by a slug hunter.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always stand up...rarely get busted (once in the past 5 years..on a big doe too).

Keep trying.