Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NOW I Have Seen Everything....

Old 10-29-2005, 07:26 AM

Default RE: NOW I Have Seen Everything....

couldn't see thru the peep, yep, happened to me too a couple years ago. don't have that issue with the no-peep.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is my first year bow hunting and let's just say it's been interesting.
This, my friend, is exactly what explains my passion for bowhunting. Not all, but most, gun hunters never get to see these sights in the woods, as usually a shot from 200 yards out doesn't allow time for nature to "develop" around them.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Your the one that said she walked out 30 yds.did a 180 and layed under your stand. Sure got dark awfull quick. I'm not trying to ride your arse about it. Just trying to teach you something for next time. Good luck finding that violated doe.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:04 AM

Great story. The highs and lows of bowhunting,I wouldn't change mine for nothing.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, 4 hours of searching and nothing. We walked every hedgerow, the woods and all fence lines and nothing at all. Then my friend brought his dog out and started where the doe laid down. The dog tracked it across the highway to a large standing cornfield. He knew the owner and called to get permission to track. The farmer told him by law we could, but he would prefer that we didn't as he had a large pheasant hunt there today. Temp is supposed to get to 70 degrees. If she died last night, I don't think the meat will be any good after today. What do you all think?
Old 10-29-2005, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Temp is supposed to get to 70 degrees. If she died last night, I don't think the meat will be any good after today. What do you all think?
i wouldn't think it would be good. i had a buck go bad last year in temps like that after 3 1/2 hours. it's better tobe safe than sorry.

anyhow sounds like a pretty cool experience one way or another.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:46 PM

the meat will spoil. keep looking anyway. i shot a doe last year with a bow, she spoiled because the temprature didn't get cold as soon as i hoped andthe shot was bad so i had to let her lay down and die. i found her the next day and recovered her just to honor her. you owe it to the animal to search to your fullest extent.

also, if you ever have any time with gun or bow and the animal is still on its feet in range, shoot it again. unless it's in the process of going down, stick it again for good measure. putting an extra arrow or bullet in the boiler room isn't going to hurt anything.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

that sucks.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

The farmer told him by law we could, but he would prefer that we didn't as he had a large pheasant hunt there today.

By law he is right and I would have to say to hell with his pheasant, I'm getting my deer!!![:@]
Old 10-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

A lot of the local farmers don't make a lot of money. With Katrina screwing up the corn shipping, I would not mess with a farmers income to get a deer. By respecting his wishes a lot of deer will be driven out of that cornfield and prospectively onto my land. And I would not want to be walking around standing corn when a crapload of trigger happy city folk walk in to pheasant hunt. I enjoy life too much for that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.