Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Reusing Broadheads

Old 10-28-2005, 09:59 PM

Default RE: Reusing Broadheads

For a while i had thought about getting them but then i thought that they were to expensive but i can sharpen them then i might have to put some serious consideration into them. Are you happy with yours?
Old 10-28-2005, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is my first season with them. I shot a doe with them the first week of season, she ran about 80 yards after the shot and she piled up. The last 5 yards there was no blood, she bled completely out (double lung). Second doe I shot trotted about 50 yards, and layed down. Gave her 45 minutes, went back and that was it. I'm sure a blind guy could follow the blood trails, blood was instantly on ground where deer were standing at the shot. I have shot Muzzys, Wasp Hammer SSTs, Cabelas Lazers, and nothing has given me the blood trails the Spitfires have. They also fly exactly true to my field points. So I would say I am 100 percent happy with 'em. The only problem with them is, can't shoot them thru the netting in the Double Bull blind, and I'm not sure if I would take a hard quartering shot on an animal with them.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:49 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

If they still spin true and I can get the blades sharp as new, the deer sure won't know the difference!
Old 10-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not only do I reuse my montecs, but I shoot them year round. 2 minutes each head and htey are sharp.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

I only hunt with brand new heads right out of the package.

I love muzzy's but will say thatthey are notthat sharp new. Isharpen them up new and after using them I inspect fordamage.If no damagethere is no reason why you can't get them sharper than new again...........dabow
Old 10-29-2005, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I reused my spitfires..after a quick resharpening the other day. Cut just like new.