Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tinks 69

Old 10-28-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Tinks 69

hey just wantedd to know if i put some scent in a pill bottle or on a wick and leave it in the woods would the deer keep going to that spot will they just smell it and leave it...and not be curious anymore
Old 10-28-2005, 03:19 PM

Default RE: Tinks 69

I alwasy leave the woods with the scents I put out. The point is to bring the deer in while you are there waiting.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I would never leave any scent containers out. take them out so they don't become use to them.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:50 PM

What is the best doe in estrous brand? What is the best way to stay scent free
Old 10-30-2005, 07:05 PM

DarkDawg- Don't leave the scent in the woods after you leave unless your goal is a mock scrape or a real scrape & you want to freash it up. Take your pill bottles with you.

pvdeerhunter42- There are a lot of products on the market today. A lot of people have had great luck with Tinks 69 but I tend to like the scent gels made by the James Valley Scent Company. In my opinion they make the best scents on the market. I really like their Lethal Weapon, Full Rut, and Wall Hanger scents. Overall these are the brand of scents that I have actually had success with. They really do work in the right situations.

The best way to remain scent free is to start off by washing yourself with scent free soaps. Make sure to wash your hair with a scent free soap/shampoo as well. Also wash your hunting jacket, pants, long underwear, socks, etc. with scrent free clothing wash. After that spray the insides of your clothing with some scent killer spray & let it dry, the same for your hat. Also spray some on the outside of your clothing right before you go in the woods. The next important step is to watch the wind.

I wish both of you a lot of luck this year! Good luck, I hope you get a big one.