Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Funny buck story!

Old 10-26-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Funny buck story!

Just thought I would give you something to chuckle about. I decided to hit my wooded hillside stand tonight (Wednesday). Within 30 minutes or so, I caught a glimpse of deer legs in the thicket to my right. Ten minutes went by and nothing. I've been having luck rattling so I grabbed my antlers and banged a small, quick sequence thinking he may not be too far off. Two minutes later I hear something coming my way fromthe left- the other direction. A small four pointer. After ten minutes of confusion he made his way up a trail and out of sight.

Fifteen minutes later I banged a small sequence again and the same four pointer came running towards me grunting a bit. He followed the trail until he got directly under my stand. Completely bewildered he decided to eat on a bush for a while then bed down 20 yards from me. I thought it would have been funny to drop my glove on his back or something of the like. Oh well, next time I thought.

Fifteen more minutes passed and here comes next time right to me again. He stopped directly under me again, so I took my glove off and let her drop. It grazed his neck and he completely ignored it. I thought "thatsucked" so I took my hat off and away she flew, right on top of his left antler! With one good fling off came the hat ten feet out in front of him. He slowly crept to the hat, stuck his nose in it, and who knows what he was thinking, but he wasn't too scared.

By this time it was getting dark and time for me to leave but I didn't want him to see me. I tossed my antlers at him and he only ran ten feet. I then shot a field point on the trail by him and he only ran ten more feet. Two minutes later he started circling around to me again! I had no choice but to get down and he still wouldn't run until I walked aways down the trail only 25 yards from him.

If he makes it through shotgun season it will be a miracle!

Old 10-26-2005, 08:26 PM

Default RE: Funny buck story!

HAHA thats a good 1 that deer much be brain dead.. LOL
Old 10-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

hahha thats great
Old 10-26-2005, 08:46 PM

If that buck would have come with in range of me and gave me a good shot i think that he would be running away with an arrow in him. I am a young bow hunter and just trying to get a buck under my belt. Plus i get buck fever really bad even a fawn or doe will get my shaking.