Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Time to Sit All Day?

Old 10-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Time to Sit All Day?

Yep ,sitting all day is the ONLY WAY TO HUNT THE RUT! Things are getting under way here in SE Pa. I'm seeing more rubs and scrapes in the last few days. Tonight I turned a nice 8pt around with my CAN. He wasscent testing and looking around for her, it was neat to watch.He was working his way to me when he caught me drawing!I should have waited for him to pass me. This is what keeps me coming back. Ya gotta luv it!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

I will be out all day November 5th & 6th and on vacation sittinging in the tree all day the 9th through the 14thuntil I shoot one. I have intentionally not hunted it to wait on keeping it untouched until rut. From the past years, I know the big ones are there from the game cameras, just gotta keep muskie fishing and leave it alone. Am overly anxious as this is the first year I have waited for rut to get in the stand.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey dhacker, looks like you'll be there for "primetime". You know the deal! Good luck to you.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:38 AM

This confirms what I was thinking, its time to be in the woods all day. I am not sure it matters where, I think good places are where does have been spotted. I will sometimes switch stands up in the middle of the day as well. Sit one from daylight until 10 or 11 am, then switch to one from 11am until 2 or 3pm, then go sit in one until dark.

We have been cool here in SW MO, now they are calling for a warming trend. Lows back up to the 40-45 range and Highs in the 70's. At least the weather will be nice to sit in, now if the deer will cooperate. Moon should be good this weekend too.

Good luck to all!
Old 10-27-2005, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never been patient enough to sit all day....I usually make it until about 10 am or so....then I get bored and leave. Maybe thats why walls at home are kind of.....well, lets just say there are more pictures of deer than actual deer on the wall.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Today is the first day of my 3 week vacation to "rut hunt." I started sitting all day during the rut a couple years ago. I've seen deer all day, but the biggest ones still came by just before light or after dark. I will continue to sit all day though until I kill a biggun." I'll wiat until next week to start the all-dayers though. That should be great if the weather cooperates!
Old 10-27-2005, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fo shizzle my nizzle!! LOL sorry. My wife would slap the p!ss outta me if she saw me post that. Anyway, yeah if you can get the time I would definately be sitting all day. I saw a huge buck chasing does for 2+ hours early yesterday afternoon. There was no stopping him, I grunted repeatedly, smashed some antlers together, yelled out, nada, his nose was on that does behind and anywhere she ran he was right with her, too bad he never made it in gun range.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:32 AM

I don't think that I could do it again. I tried it once. It wasn't for me. I kept wanting to go walkabout to ease my boredom. 12 hours of the same scenery is TOUGH!

- but then I also don't have as good of spots that you guys seem to have.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:47 AM

A few years ago while hunting Kansas during early November, I left my stand at noon to eat a sandwich at the truck. 30 Minutes later I returned to find my scent wafer stomped about 3" into the ground. The limb it was hanging on was ripped from the tree and torn to shreds. based on how high the scent wafer was placed, the size of the tracks, and the depth it was stomped in the dry ground, I blew it on a monster buck.

Take a book, a silent video game, or something but stay in the stand...

Good Luck everyone!
Old 10-27-2005, 11:49 AM

I plan on sitting all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I dont know if i will make it but i am going to try.

Quick Reply: Time to Sit All Day?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.