Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Not a total loss

Old 10-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Not a total loss

A couple weeks ago it was raining and i was hunting and starting to get good and wet and i'm checking my pockets to make sure anything that could be damaged was tucked under enough layers of clothing to stay dry longer.Well in one pocket i find a big wad of toilet paper for the just in case factor and decided i would get to my groundblind before everything is soaked!I get to the blind where i place the t.p. in my chair that has built in can holder in the arms and wait out that rain.The rain let up and i headed back to the house.About a week later it's the same scenario with the rain,getting all wet,etc.I get to my blind again and i'm sitting in my chair then i remember the t.p. that i left in the arm of the chair--it's gone!I'm looking all over in the blind because i know it didn't blow away.Then i closely look at where it had been and i guess we had a trade take place without my permission--there was an acorn where i had left the toilet paper!Little &^&&(**&%)*!
Old 10-26-2005, 03:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Not a total loss

Swap meet
Old 10-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Them dang squirrells eat everything. Watch out for your rachett straps holding your stand to the tree, they like them too.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:57 PM

That reminds me of a story about a whino who was fishing but ran out of bait. He looks around for something but can't find anything to use. Then he spots a snake with a frog in his mouth and wonders how to get the frog away from the snake. So, he pours some wineon the snakes head and the snake releases the frog, which the whino promptly cuts up and uses for bait. A half hour later while he's fishing, the whino feels a tapping on his boot. He looks down to find the same snake as before but this time, he's got two frogs!