Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tree stand theft

Old 10-26-2005, 10:36 AM
Spike

Default Tree stand theft

Anybody have info on anti-theft devices for tree stands,somebody told me about one that has a channel that covers the cable that be cut any info on this one or other i would appreciate .Thanks
Old 10-26-2005, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tree stand theft

Anti-theft device:

Place a note next to your stand that states the following....

A picture of you either entering of exiting the woods/field has been taken by several hidden cameras. Do not bother to look for them because you will not find all of them. In the event that this stand is removed from its position, a copy of your picture will be submitted to the nearest law enforcement officer (put their actual name, address and phone number).

Stand theft is punishable of up to a $5,000 fine and/or 2 years in jail.

Then let them decide if they want to believe you or not.

Good Luck.

Old 10-26-2005, 12:17 PM

I hate topics like this...bad people out there, but they do exist. My practice is to always take my stand home with me after every hunt. Yeah, it's a pain haluing it in/out of the woods and somewhat noisy, but I have gotten better at it. I just don't trust anyone and I really like my stand and trust it.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:29 PM

I bought rounded off inverted torque bolts for my stand, nobody is going to carry around a set of inverted torque sockets and a ratchet, just a detourant i guess if they want it bad enough they are gonna get it. i did have my climber stolen off of a tree one time, i was furious.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:33 PM

Yep i just had one stolen today. That makes 5 for me in 3 years on private land.
Fork Horn

if its a climer put it in the tree like 10 ft up screw in some steps go get it when u need to use it then put it back there unscrew them and go
Spike

That is a Great Idea...........Thank you very much.....you rock...
Old 10-26-2005, 06:37 PM
Spike

we have had three stolen since last year,Two ladders and a fixed postion .....Those theftsneed there @#!*&^* pulled off...Sorry ..Thanks for all the advice
Old 10-26-2005, 06:46 PM
Dominant Buck

They don't have them right now , but I bought a couple of tree stand locks from Sportsman's Guide that would give most stand thieves the blues . It's a key lockable device that covers the risers or side bars with a steel shackle secured by a large concealed eyebolt that you drive into the tree , the device even has a slot on one wing to drive the bolt. You couldn't use bolt cutters on them , and a hacksaw would take a pretty determined thief and a good bit of time . The eyebolt will rule out public land use though . If you look for them at the website they look like anE shaped piece of flat bar with a keyhole in the middle . I even use one of mine to secure the platform of my climber to the treeonce I get up , the stand absolutely will not fall with that thing in place .
Old 10-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's sad when you have to lock things up, even in the woods! But that's the way it is these days. It sucks, we work hard to buy nice things to hunt with and someone has to steal them. I had a Lone Wolf sit n climb stolen two years ago and it was locked with a cable lock on private land. It seems there should be some material for a cable lock that can't be cut. Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Tree stand theft

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.