Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

picking a climber

Old 10-25-2005, 02:25 PM

Default picking a climber

I've been looking at the summit clearshot and openshot. I need a lightweight climber that packs well. Any opinions about these two stands or recommend something else. Any help is appreciated.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: picking a climber

I use the Lone Wolf sit 'n' climb. It is lighter and easier to carry. Another Bonus is if you gun hunt you can flip up the bar and use as a rest, or flip it down and now you clear opening for bow hunting. Built in bow holder is a plus!!
Old 10-26-2005, 02:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Open shot is a very nice stand. easy to carry and light weight. I just orderd one for a freind last week. It's a great no frills climber.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:06 AM
Fork Horn

I have an API Grandslam Bowhunter it's been great for the past 3 seasons. The Lone Wolf looks great, but, I doubt I could sit more than 3 hours in one.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:28 AM

i absolutly love my lone wolf climber, very light sets up easy and is sturdy and quiet !
Old 10-26-2005, 04:30 AM

I boughtSummit's Goliath, which isa wider venison of the X5 and I love it.No creaks,pops, or noise from the stand. Easy for this 48 year old touse to climb just about any tree.This stand has a front railwhich I have found does not get in the way of my shooting andprovides that little extra bit of securitywhen high in a tree. As a matter of fact,the that security feelingand a very comfortable seat makes it very easy to take a little nap while hunting .

The only issues I have found with this stand is it's a little heavy and bulky (but I'll take the room and securityit provides when I am in the tree). Plus,the stock carrying straps could be a little better (buy the better ones from Summit). But with that stated, it is the best climbing stand I have used in 30 plus years of bow hunting!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

TRAY,
Looks like i'm not the only one with venison on the brain.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:17 AM

Cant go wrong with a summit, just got my viper x5 and LOVE IT.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:44 AM

well i will give you my 2 cents worth. i bought a summit broadhead backpacker last year and didn't like it. it was heavy and a hassle to put up. it took it back and bought the love wolf hand climber and couldn't be happier. it is the best climber i have ever owned and have since purchased a lone wolf hang on w/ the climbing sticks that attatch to the stand for easy packing in and out. by far the 2 best buys as far as stands that i have ever bought. this is just my experience so do some research and don't just jump up and buy the first one you look at. the lone wolf is more expensive but worth it to be happy with what you purchase. if you will typ in lone wolf treestands from msn seach it will take you to there site and it gives a detailed description of all there products.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:47 AM

BUY the Lone Wolf SIt & Climb. Don't waste your money on anything else. It is pricey, but it is well worth the investement. You can read my review on this stand in the equipment forum. This is my 3rd stand in 5 years, and It will be my last stand I every buy.

Quick Reply: picking a climber

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.