Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

picking a climber

Old 10-26-2005, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: picking a climber

The Lone Wolf is definately tops in my opinion but it's not very accomodating for big guys like myself. I'd love to see Lone Wolf make a slightly bigger stand with a little more room on the seat and a bigger platform.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:22 PM

It just goes to show you everyonehas different likes and dislikes.I had the exact opposite feeling then rush creek. Last year I used by brother's Lone Wolf Sit & Climb (which he loves by the way)and my Logy. And I didn't really like either one, so thats why I gave the Summit Goliath a try and loved it! Price was not an issue, my comfort and safety was. I just liked the Summit the best. So my best advise to mathewsotb22 is try as many as you can, and pick the one that "feels" the best to you and buy that one.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:25 PM

I love my Summit. Comfy, secure, durable and lightweight. The seat tends to get in the way during bow season, so I simply spin it around to the backside of the tree. During shotgun season, the seat is awesome and comfy! I love it.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:43 PM

I recomend the Summit Broadhead Backpacker. It's leight weight and really easy to climb into.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lone Wolf hand climber for me. I shoot setting down so I like the open design. I had a Summit Cobra but hated it. I prefer a fixed stand but the Lone Wolf is my favorite climber by far.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:13 AM

In my opinion you can't go wrong with a Summit. I have the Bullet Backpacker and am very happy with it. I would reccoment the Broadhead Backpacker for bowhunting because the front rail on the Bullet tends to interfere with sit-down head onbow shots. I usuaslly try to set up to shoot off of the side instead of out front. Summit quality and portability are great.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

not alot of folks here have them, but I like the buckshot or equalizer treestand. the equalizer has an adjustment that you can use while climbing in the stand, weighs in at 20lbs and takes about a min to pack up or set up, no bs. good stand. cost is about $230. I just got mine, and love it. solid and lightweight.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tray999

I boughtSummit's Goliath, which isa wider venison of the X5 and I love it.No creaks,pops, or noise from the stand. Easy for this 48 year old touse to climb just about any tree.This stand has a front railwhich I have found does not get in the way of my shooting andprovides that little extra bit of securitywhen high in a tree. As a matter of fact,the that security feelingand a very comfortable seat makes it very easy to take a little nap while hunting .

The only issues I have found with this stand is it's a little heavy and bulky (but I'll take the room and securityit provides when I am in the tree). Plus,the stock carrying straps could be a little better (buy the better ones from Summit). But with that stated, it is the best climbing stand I have used in 30 plus years of bow hunting!!!
At 51 years of age, my days of"hang-on" stands and screwing in 18+ treesteps are over. The sore arms and working up one heck of a sweat won't be missed at all!!! Sooo.......I'll be ordering the Goliath by Summit tomorrow!! I always favored the Summit line of climbers over the years, and now it finally looks like I'll own my own!! I'll be off for the first two weeks in November, and hopefully this stand will be here before then!!
Old 10-30-2005, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

ohhhh, I want one of those lone wolf stands sooooo bad. guess i'll just have to splurge...pricey but from what i under stand their worth it. my old clmber just may develope a crack or something then my wife willMAKE me get a new one.....what ever you do wear a harness (she works in pt I hear alot of stories of people who have fallen out.)