Anyone..." />

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain......

Old 10-25-2005, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain......

Man, a few months ago we were praying for even a tiny drop of rain. Now it just won't stop raining! ...Sheesh! I mean, I'm not to sure about going bowhunting in all this rain. Worse yet, imagine trying to climb a tree stand in a wet tree!

Anyone hunting in all this rain?
Old 10-25-2005, 11:16 AM

Default RE: Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain......

i am hoping it clears this afternoon and i get to slip into my stand in fairfax va.....but prob won't so i think tomorrow morning i will head out to another spot...its going to be cold..........................
Old 10-25-2005, 11:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

This is crazy Butch [:@]!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most of my ladder stands are now situated in the middle of newly formed lakes. I can't ever remember an October like this in NY. I think it has rained EVERY single day. I'm not going out in this crud. 20-30mph winds and downpours. I think the bloodtrail would wash away before the arrow exited the deer [:-]. The next 2 days sound like a washout as well. Oh well ............... hope it's better for the rut I suppose.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went out last Saturday when the rain finally let up and I had a day off... Had a whole hour or so in my stand before it started up again. Today its a torrential downpour with 45 MPH winds.... This month was a record breaker as far as rainfall. Not too good for bowhunting though.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea Butch this crap is getting REAL old and do you believe it's supposed possiblyrain again on Sat? Unreal! When it rains I can't work so I always hunt. Like two weeks ago when it rained for 8 days! But the weather today, wind and rain will keep me home and thats a rareity. I have all of next to hunt so maybe the weather will cooperate for once. The rut should be getting underway!
Old 10-25-2005, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

All of next week to hunt, I have to learn to proof read my stuff!
Old 10-25-2005, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh yea, I'll hunt in the rain, no problem. But I limit my shots more. About the only thing I worry about is a lost blood trail. As far as stand hunting, I'm secured 100% of the time. But rain is always a decent opportunity to stalk.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:25 PM

I must say that I'm jealous you guys are getting some rain. Things are so dry here that it's not even funny.You can't sneak upon anything in the woods with the leaves thiscrunchy. Hopefully we'll get a shower or two before rifle season rolls around in a couple of weeks.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

i don't mind hunting in the rain as long as you dress for it....but 40-50mph wind! You spend more time hanging on to your tree rather than hunting
Old 10-25-2005, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hunting in a 40-50 mph wind? No way.... Everything would be bedded down in that hard of a wind. Besides with all the rain and constant downpours, everything would still be bedded down, seeking some kind of shelter.

Quick Reply: Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.