Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy Broadheads...

Old 10-24-2005, 04:44 AM

Default RE: Muzzy Broadheads...

Timmy,

Read my post about Slick Tricks: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1253057 In over 30 years of bow hunting, best broadhead I have ever used. No hype, just the facts in my little world.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:11 AM

muzzy 3 blade 100gr's have dropped every deer that i've taken with the bow. some left very little blood trails, some were massive. even theslim to none blood trailssoon turned into heavy patches where the deerlaid down or fell, and i found it shortly after.i think it's more about shot placement myself.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

I shoot the muzzy 100 gr 4 blade and seem to have problems with the blood trails but I also hear where the deer crash so they havent cost me a deer.
I'm in the same situation and based off my shot placement, when I recover the deer (every one so far) the chest cavity is filled with blood. If the deer lays down and gets back up, there will be blood where ever it laid. I used expandables last year with mixed results.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

If your not getting a good blood trail youre not hitting properly. Are your arrows passing through, or are they not passing through? If they arent passing through both lungs, chances are your arrows arent quite flying straight. if your arrows are hitting even at the slightest angel, nothing will slow an arrow down more than hitting a deer at a slight angel and if you take a quartering away shot the entrance hole is angeled even more slowing your arrow down even more dramitically on impact. Paper tune your bow and make sure youre shooting perfectly straight. If not make any adjusts needed untill you are. I have just used up the last of my Thunderheads and will now begin using my Muzzy 100gr 4blades. I have really had no luck over the years with many heads. I have tried Satelites, Thunderheads, Magnus, and many others. I have however recovered about 90% of the deer I have shot during archery season. When I lost a doe lastweek using a thunderhead, I decided I wasnt going to replace any of the blades for my Thunderheads and see how well these Muzzys perform. If they give me better blood than the thunderheads, im stickin with em.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Used Muzzy's for 10 plus years, no problems....
Old 10-24-2005, 07:35 AM

Muzzy makes a great broadhead. The onyl problem I have seen with them has been blades not being sharp enough. This can a big impact on your blood trail. The old Muzzy's 130's I used to use had blades made in Germany & they were very sharp & hence I always had great blood trails. The muzzy's fromt he last several years have not been as sharp im my opinion & I think this is part of the reason they don't leave a good blood trail for some people. The broadheads design is great in my opinion.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:22 AM

I have used the Thunderhead and I love their results. I started using Muzzy this year and have only shot one deer with it. I was very impressed. It went through the deer like hot butter. The lungs were gone! It looked like she was shot with a rifle. I had no trouble with finding blood, but the deer only went 15 yards so I didn't have to track far. Hopefully I can test them again soon.[&:]
Old 10-24-2005, 10:15 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I switched to Muzzy 125 gr. three blade a few years ago and have the same problem because nothing has went far enough to bleed. I've taken 3 antelope, 4 deer and a hog with them and have watched them all fall, no spine shots either.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:23 AM

I use Muzzy 100 grn 3 blade and have had all my deer fall w/i 40 yards of where I hit them, all double lung shots, blood trail like a highway (not that I needed it) and a chest cavity full of blood. I replace the blades every year though, whether I used it on a deer or not.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Spike

I never heard about them not leaving blood,they cut good,but i never liked the way they fly. seem to fly erratic.but to each is own thats why they sell different brand broad heads, find the one thats durable and flys good and leave the hype for the others...

Quick Reply: Muzzy Broadheads...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.