Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what effect will this have

Old 10-18-2005, 09:39 PM

Default what effect will this have

this is my second year bow hunting so im still trying to learn. the area i hunt as a few small tree strips running through a cornfield with a slough running through it. and than there is also a big shelter belt too. on my way home from work i noticed that they were combining the corn today and also had completly disced up the slough. will the deer head into the shelter belt for a while or leave the property entirely.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what effect will this have

Short term, the deer will be in the cornfield cleaning up whatever corn the combines missed.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Deer are used to this type of situation and make the best of it. They will head to the corn fields and clean up whatever is left. Then make their way to cover. Which would be the shelter belt. The corn was more than likely a safe haven for them which is no longer there and will find a new place to bed. Setup just inside the shelter belt if possible maybe 10-20 yrds. The bucks will be chasing soon, and most of the chasing may occour along the edges of the fields just andinside the woods. Good luck to you this year.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:43 AM

thanks for the info guys, if they head to the shelter belt that will work great. i set my ground blind up in there last weekend as that was about the only place that could be hunted and i was waiting for this weekend to go. So hopefully they will be in there.