Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broad head brand doesn't matter

Old 10-12-2005, 11:54 PM

Default RE: Broad head brand doesn't matter

I agree broadhead brand doesnt matter as long as they are good heads. I also think it is a good practice to stick to one kind of broadhead once youve decided on which ones you want to use not to represent your choice as the best broadheads but for confidence that it will get the job done and fly well. Also expanable broadheads are a really bad deal in my opinion. Shooting deer its prob not as big of a deal since most shots are prob pass thrus but ive found hunting elk that the most damage is done when the animal breaks the part of the arrow outside the body off. Expandables usually fold back up when the animal takes its first jump and causes no further damage. And most importantly, KEEP EM SHARP.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

10-4
Old 10-13-2005, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

Some brands build better broadheads than others. That's why they are more successful. They have sharper blades, stronger furrels, hold together better, etc... That's why there are brand names. So the consumer can buy a product and know the quality will be good.
I agree that some brands are better for the reasons you stated above, but if a broadhead possess the charcteristics I statedin my postthan what is wrong with them?

Yeah , I kind of thought the content in the message sort of contradicted the title.[&:]
How is that? I just used some examples of brands that I am familiar with that I know possess those charcteristics stated in the post. I was introduced to Slick Tricks last night by a buddy and I definatly should include these heads as an example of a worthy broadhead.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ACLakey

Yeah , I kind of thought the content in the message sort of contradicted the title.[&:]
How is that? I just used some examples of brands that I am familiar with that I know possess those charcteristics stated in the post. I was introduced to Slick Tricks last night by a buddy and I definatly should include these heads as an example of a worthy broadhead.
Sorry ACLakey , I guess I took it the wrong way. I see what your saying and I agree.
The title had me thinking too much before even reading the thread. There are definately some brand names out there that I wouldn't use , just from my own experiences. That's why the title of this thread is a little misleading to the inexperienced. (imo)
Old 10-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

No worries.

Andrew