Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Missed my First

Old 10-12-2005, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default Missed my First

Ok well the nite started off pretty good. I got into my stand at about 4:45 and there was 9 turkey on the other side of the field. So I watched these 9 turkey feed all around the field until they walked under my stand and ate for at least 30 mins. I am getting ready to shoot one when I see the deer walk out on the field across the road. So I decide not to take a shot at the turkey. Well after about 15 mins 2 doe cross the road and come 25 yards to my right and i am holding my bow back now for about 3 mins. When she steps into the opening and I let it fly. As you know all I got was belly hair and a little bit of blood. I jerked it at the last second to screw up the shot. Well about 1 hour later here come 6 more doe across the road and at 45 yards they are walking right to me. So I get pulled back and ready to take another shot when my hunting buddy comes over the hill. And they all run off. Overall if was a pretty good nite other than the bad shot. And that was the 1st deer I have shot at with my bow.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:58 AM

Default RE: Missed my First

Hey you got a shot. LEarn from your mistake and adjust accordingly. Hunting is also like an education. You usually learn something each time out.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:58 AM

Don't worry about the miss, each time you shoot at a deer you'll be able to concentrate more and more. My question is why was your hunting buddy coming over during shooting hours?
Old 10-14-2005, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

My buddy was coming over during shooting hours because there was a bobcat that ran the deer off that were coming to him and it was headed my way and he heard some deer my way snorting and he figured they were all ran off.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:34 AM

I would have kicked buddy's @$$ LOL
Old 10-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep tryin.

Old 10-14-2005, 09:47 AM
Dominant Buck

WEll, you got the hard part over with(missing). Next time out it's going to be a piece of cake.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

You missed>> Thats's it your banished from the boards!!!

keep trying you'll connect!
Old 10-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I once missed the same doe twice in 15 minutes. [&:] Thankfully she gave me a 3rd shot and that one was right on the money.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wont be your last miss im sure ...

ROLL TIDE
DD

Quick Reply: Missed my First

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.