Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

6 years and sill nothing

Old 10-12-2005, 05:01 PM

Default RE: 6 years and sill nothing

dont give up! it took me 6 years and 2 states to get one on the ground, and that was with a shotgun! i am new to this archery hunting game and can already tell you that no matter how many i get with rifles or shotguns, my first with a bow will be amazing.

good luck to everyone
Old 10-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have to hand it to those of you who keep on trying year after year. You can pat yourself on the back for that. Good luck to all of you this season.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

EVER THOUGHT OF TAKING UP GOLF ;&gt)

ROLL TIDE
DD

Old 10-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

I feel sitting down and shooting is actually easier then standing and shooting. You do need to practice it but you will probly find it to be easier. Good luck this year hope it comes through.
JOE
Old 10-12-2005, 07:05 PM

thought about it but i cant stand all those tight ass DR types braging about how big the balls in their pocket is. I didnt come here for negative feedback. golf is for old people! besides that you can have more fun in a tree stand than you can on the greens!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mnhotbabe

thought about it but i cant stand all those tight ass DR types braging about how big the balls in their pocket is. I didnt come here for negative feedback. golf is for old people! besides that you can have more fun in a tree stand than you can on the greens!!!
MTNHOTBABE WHO TOLD YOU I HAD BIG BALLS IN MY POCKET ..GOOD GREIF MY REPUTATION HAS FOLLOWED ME HERE TO ..

ROLL TIDE
DD

Old 10-12-2005, 07:16 PM

dr.even though you poke fun i am ROFLMAO
Old 10-12-2005, 07:18 PM

I have hunted for 3 years with a bow and gun and i have yet to take a shot. I see deer but there always too far or something happens. Last season i seen a buck on opening day of gun season but i was in a earn a buck zone so i couldnt shoot it.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

welcome to the forums mnhotbabe, like mentioned earlier, practice a sitting shot, i prefer to stand and if anyway possible i will do so, i have never shot at one sitting, got a friend that does though, something he always told me toremember is watch where you bow limbs are when sitting/shooting, ie they can hit the climber /stand rails and the results will be another lost arrow[:-]or worse[&o]

also shoot a few does to "break the ice" anything you kill with a bow is a trophy in my book, not meaning that every deer will be a trophy but every deer you kill with a bow will stick in you mind, and like most on here slowly raise your standards

BTW from your handle i'd guess your from MN. how many deer have you let walk, here our limits are unbelieveable and where your at may be 1-2 deer, here i try to kill 3-7 does every year with my bow, goin sat, wooohoooo

best of luck it will happen, i'm thinking soon

hey mizunomx17, welcome to the forums
Old 10-12-2005, 08:26 PM

hey thanks for that.....

I have had 4 bucks by me this year, one on the wrong side. one walked straight at me then under my stand. A shot I will never take. one nice one just out of range (though I did think about taking off my harness and soing a mid air sideways shot like angele jolene, but the straps were to short. and one my husband passed up so i could take it......I um tooka PICTURE of it!boy was he hot under the collar

Quick Reply: 6 years and sill nothing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.