Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hi tec equipment

Old 10-13-2005, 02:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hi tec equipment

Better to get out and do something about it... Take a side job somewhere once a year and that'll pay for your hunting property... You could make enough money in a weekend doing just about anything to pay for your hunting lease...
That right there creates another kanundrum. It's bad enough the little guys are getting priced right out of hunting. To make it worse , if the little guys want to continue hunting they have to work alot of extra hours and/or take side jobs to afford their own place. All that time spent working leaves no time for the family. No time for the family means no time raising your own kids and teaching them how to hunt , and how to enjoy hunting. They'll just keep telling themselves that there will be plenty of time for the family when they get done working all those hours to pay for that land , then before they know it their kids will be at the age where they have their own plans and they're not interested in hunting , especially when dad has to work so darn much just to hunt.
So in the long run , the mighty dollar will be responsible for huntings downfall by way of squeezing out our future hunters.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

As for high tech gear?

I don't think high tech compounds will draw more archers than people think. My kids see both and they would much rather shoot the cool traditional bows like RobinHood. If anything , they're more intimidated by all the gadgets on the compounds.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

Working one weekend a year is not going to cause you to miss your kids growing up...LOL And besides its going to provide them a nice safe place to hunt without the worries of someone bumping into them while they are onstand... How many of these threads are about hunts being ruined by other hunters...?? You take into account that you may have your hunt messed up 2 or 3 times a year on public land (maybe alot more)... And working that one weekend to ensure the quality time you are looking for is enjoyable to you and your kids doesn't seem so bad...

My point is this... You have to pay for luxuries in life... All of them... Nothing is Free, and if it is it won't be for long... If you want the luxury of hunting private land by yourself... You have to pay one way or another... Hunting on private land that isn't yours is a Luxury...Long and the short, like it or not...
Old 10-13-2005, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

Wow. I haven't seen too many '1-weekend-a-year' jobs that pay $1500 to $2000. If those were out there I'd just work weekends all the time and hunt during the week! With the constant increase in lease fees and the history of wage increases, I have a feeling the lease costs are going to rise a lot faster than those weekend job pay rates.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:44 AM
Typical Buck

I'm a traditionalist by heart but haven't actually made the jump to the equipment yet. I hunt with an old reliable Pearson Spoiler and will never buy another new compound...my next new bow will have no wheels.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

Well I dunno where you are leasing land... But I belong to 3 clubs, and any one of them could be paid for off 1 weekend of work... But your right if you had to pay $2000 a year you'd have to work more then one...

The point to all this is just like I stated... You can get pissed, and say hunting is becoming comercialized, and it's not fair, I'll never pay for hunting land, the list goes on... And you can go out and hunt public land with everyone else that isn't interested in paying to hunt private land... It's only going to get worse, and harder to come by... So you have choices to make... Figure out how to pay for it, Sit home, Complain on message boards, hunt public land, or take up fishing... Although you have to pay to launch your boat now... So that might be out too...lol

This is way off topic anyway now, and I have been a major part of that... Sorry...
Old 10-13-2005, 07:42 AM

oooh This is getting HOT! and I would not change my compound! never!!
Old 10-13-2005, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hips?!?!? lmao i wish it was JUST that simple LOL ]
No kiddin'! You gotta hold yer mouth just right, too. [8D]
Old 10-13-2005, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wolfen68

I'm a traditionalist by heart but haven't actually made the jump to the equipment yet. I hunt with an old reliable Pearson Spoiler and will never buy another new compound...my next new bow will have no wheels.
I've made the same decision myself.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

[quote]ORIGINAL: Rich Baker

Mostly because of preditors (cougers due to the tree huggers banning the use of dogs)

Quick Reply: Hi tec equipment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.