Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hi tec equipment

Old 10-12-2005, 06:00 AM

Default RE: Hi tec equipment

ORIGINAL: Rich Baker

Ok lets drop the Crap about predation ,population control and all that type stuff, that was a example of Oregons delema, And dosent apply to everyone.the question IS I guess my point is at what point do you say this is not "really" archery hunting or /Muzzle loading. Two hundred yard shots with a muzzle buster topped with a 3x9 scope is hardly what was intended. Samewith 70 yard shots out of a 300 FPS bow. Where does it end?? What Is everyone going to avoid this?? dig deep what or better yet How do you truly feel??? If its just about meat then why not do away with archery&muzzle loaderseasons and just make it any wepon and here are the max number of tag's
I didn't avoid that read my post...
Old 10-12-2005, 06:01 AM
Typical Buck

Crazystups I had posted at the same time you did. And I agree with you 100%. Which brings up this then why not do away with archery&muzzle loaderseasons and just make it any wepon and here are the max number of tag's
Old 10-12-2005, 06:04 AM

Regardless of equipment getting a legit 70 yd shot is not expected for the majority of bow hunters out there. In MD we can not use rifles. So to me a 200-300 yd shot is not something i ever really thought about.

My range with shot gun muzzle loader is with-in 100 yds (self impossed limit for ethical reason) now with a bow regardless of technology it cuts that distance in half.

Technoly is what will get new hunters into the woods. We need to get more and more people into hunting or else the ANTI's will eventually take away or rights.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:07 AM

Hmmm...this is just my opinion now...hope no one takes offense to this...but if they did away with archery and muzzleloader 2 things would happen. One would be you will have a lot of upset and pist of archery and muzzleloader hunters. And two there would be a lot of idiots running around the woods shooting anything that moves with their high powered rifles. Like I said no offense to those rifle hunters on this board. I too rifle hunt and consider my self a safe and respestiable hunter. I guess more or less it would be a saftey issue.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:10 AM

ORIGINAL: MDNewbie

Regardless of equipment getting a legit 70 yd shot is not expected for the majority of bow hunters out there. In MD we can not use rifles. So to me a 200-300 yd shot is not something i ever really thought about.

My range with shot gun muzzle loader is with-in 100 yds (self impossed limit for ethical reason) now with a bow regardless of technology it cuts that distance in half.

Technoly is what will get new hunters into the woods. We need to get more and more people into hunting or else the ANTI's will eventually take away or rights.
I live and hunt in Maryland what county do you hunt in? I hunt in Frederick County. Which most part is shotgun/muzzleloader how ever there are parts of the county mostly the west side you can use a rifle.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:12 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MDNewbie

Well. I totally agree with most of what you have said, Sadly I think hunting will go by the wayside in our lifetime, and I am not so sure Technoly is what will get new people into woods. I would think fathers and Familiesand the times shared by friends and family are a way stronger draw than a new fangled dragster bow.IMO But that still doesn't anwser this question. then why not do away with archery&muzzle loaderseasons and just make it any wepon and here are the max number of tag's
Old 10-12-2005, 06:17 AM
Typical Buck

I think you would find everyone using a rifle, Of course, there would be a few die hards on both sides of the fence.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

It's not about Meat... It's about hunting... With family and friends and being in the outdoors (haven't you ever watched Realtree Outdoors...LOL) I get out 3 to 4 times a week, and see deer nearly everytime that I could harvest... But I am not in it for the meat... I am in it cause I enjoy being out there... And I enjoy the HUNT... That's what it's all about... It's about being outdoors, and enjoying the time spend with family and friends...
Old 10-12-2005, 06:26 AM

I really don't agree with the statement that hunting will disappear in our lifetime. It may in Oregon. The probelm oput there is that the west coast and especially the Pacific Northwest is the breeding groud for hippies and radical environmentalist groups that may be winning the battle there. That is an issue that should worry all hunter's not just the one's wholive oput there. I'm from NC, I've been to Seattle...HUGE difference in the way people look at things like hunting from here to there. I'd move if I lived out there. Just my opinion
Old 10-12-2005, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

Your right, I grew up in Michigan , and lived in Virginia,Washington state And Colorado The Cali mentality is here to stay, But its moveing eastward at a rapid rate. I Hope your right and My son's son will beable to chase game, But it is a very real possability he won't. Its comming quicker than you think. Hell, we would be done right now if Gore would have won, But thats a whole different topic than what I am tring to discuse in this post.

Quick Reply: Hi tec equipment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.