Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhuntin' with Tammy

Old 10-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bowhuntin' with Tammy

I was going to go this afternoon late. REally it would have been perfect. The rain let up just in time for about 2 hours of great hunting at last light. BUT, the wife was feeling a little out of sorts and down so I stayed home. It would have been a killer afternoon I figure. They cut the heck out of the corn surrounding us before the storm. Deer were forced back into the woods to bed. Would have been a killer. If we had Sunday hunting it would be great tomorrow. If ....If....If...Ifmy Aunt had yada yada yada
[hr]
Old 10-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was in my stand at 5:30am this morning and stayed until around 9am. I'd like to have stayed longer but I had a busy day planned and needed to head home. Only saw 1 deer around 8am and it wasa 4pt buck.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was warm and cozy with the wife and grandson
Old 10-09-2005, 01:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had to work all night Fri, Sat and Sunday and I slept through the rain during the day. It made for great sleeping weather! I'm off Monday and Tuesday though and you can guess where I'll be.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

It was still raining in my neck of the woods when I took those pics at 6 pm. However, had it not been raining I probably would have went back out. Tomorrow is going to be a good day though...I can just feel it.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:27 AM

Dang Frank, you guys got a good bit more rain than we did over here. It has been raining for a few days straight but nothing really hard, mostly just a fine mist and it has had the deer on their feet. Was out yesterday and while stalking into my one stand I kicked up "Ripped Ear" the wide 8 point with the ripped ear that I have been watching. I didn't spook him too bad as he just hoped to his feet and snuck his way through a thick creek bottom and into a x-mas tree field, so I just backed out right then and I am gonna let that area go for a few days. On my way out though I found a good spot to put my climber for the next time I am in the area.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was lucky, my end of the state was only off and on showers all day and drizzle. I saw a lot of deer, several bucks, one nice, one and shot a BIG doe in the evening.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jason,

Allentown recorded 9.38 inches over those two days..and Easton was over 12 inches. I look forward to seeing how swamped out my walk to the stand it going to be tomorrow morning. That long stand of pines I mentioned in my buck post sits right next to a small creek which is now probably looking for like the outflow of a dam.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:42 PM
Dominant Buck

We got over 10 inches here according to the news dude.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:53 PM

and which news dude would that be?

Quick Reply: Bowhuntin' with Tammy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.