Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2 way radios

Old 10-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default 2 way radios

I searched for the answer and I didn't find what I was looking for. What are some good and cheap 2 way radios and where did you get them. Me and my cousin, bamahuntin, are looking for some cheap 2-way's with a silent mode...anything like this around?
Old 10-07-2005, 09:54 PM

Default RE: 2 way radios

CHECK ON EBAY
Old 10-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Dominant Buck

I take it cell phones aren't good where you hunt? Look around. We use to use regular radios and just key the mic a few times when we wanted to talk.

Now a days I've been on conference calls while hunting. I've still seen deer underneath me. Got to love the cell phones! Yes, boss I'm working hard.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

we use motarolas mostly when we do our drives in rifle season...some of the cheap models...and some of the better ones.....dont make a diffrence to me...just as long as i can hear the drivers talkin to me telling me when they are close to us........only reason we have them.....dont know about silent mode....when someone talks i want to hear it
Old 10-08-2005, 01:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Motorolas o,n ebay you can find some good deals
Old 10-08-2005, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

motorolas all the way. we use the talkabout 250's. [noty sure if they make them anymore]have had them for 5+ years. some of the guys had cheaper models in the beginning. make sure the ones you get dont make noise when you key the mike. those 1's would alert with beeping noise that some one was gonna talk.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mauser06

we use motarolas mostly when we do our drives in rifle season...some of the cheap models...and some of the better ones.....dont make a diffrence to me...just as long as i can hear the drivers talkin to me telling me when they are close to us........only reason we have them.....dont know about silent mode....when someone talks i want to hear it
I sure hope the PA Game Commission doesn't read this. This is illegal in PA.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just a note, but you may check your local regulations. My buddy was in Kansas last year talking to his buddy about deer coming down the fence line. Evidently the Game Warden was scanning channels and heard the conversation. He warned them and told them about that being illegal. Just a heads up.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bighorns35

motorolas all the way. we use the talkabout 250's. [noty sure if they make them anymore]have had them for 5+ years. some of the guys had cheaper models in the beginning. make sure the ones you get dont make noise when you key the mike. those 1's would alert with beeping noise that some one was gonna talk.

me and ma ol' man use those 2..really really reliable...a good thing to get is the head set where u clip a voice thingon ur jacket and put the ear phone in your ear.. or go to radioshack.com or somtin...they get good reception at long distance 2!
Old 10-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

dmax is right on the ball about this one. I have seen game wardens in PA driving around with a little scanner radio in the truck just waiting for someone to spout something on the radio about a deer's location.

Regardless, I like the Motorolas as well. The T6400 model is my favorite though they discontinued it. I also have a T7200 but don't like it quite as much because of its larger than average size.

Quick Reply: 2 way radios

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.