Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

would you change

Old 10-07-2005, 07:44 PM

Default would you change

alright guys i have abow i bought 6 yrs ago its a pse team fitzgerald lol i know wow whata cheep bow well it is so quiet and i have killed a ram and about18 deer with it but my buddies keep telling me to just buy one of these other bows on the market that are faster and more accurate.... should i treat my self or just use it untill the limbs fall off.....
Old 10-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: would you change

Dude you gotta realize that's a personal choice. If you're comfortable with your bow and you really love it, why change? Then again, if you're looking for better performance, and want an upgrade, start looking. This is completely up to you. If you want to upgrade, and starting shooting something better, then go for it. If not, just stick 'er out, and keep chugging along with old faithful.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

At this point I'd stick with what you have and if you're seriously interested keep your eyes out for the 2006 bows. Manufacturers should start releasing some information soon.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:23 PM
Dominant Buck

From personal experience why change when your killing deer? I changed after about 13 years from my Oneida Tomcat. It's a heavy, loud, big bow but I could and did drop anything I shot at. I changed only after setting a goal and achieving that goal but I stilllove that killing machine. My son one day will be killing deer again with it very soon.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:28 PM

If it ain't broke, why fix it???
Old 10-08-2005, 01:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

It works ,save your money and keep it.I still have a PSE I once used before I had to go to a xbow,It worked well and put deer down.If your buddies want you to have a new one ?? Let them buy it
Old 10-08-2005, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

The deal is your buddies have spent a buttload of money on all their new stuff and you keep showing them up with your old cheapie bow. They want you to join in the fun and be broke like they are.

Keep showing them up with Old Reliable. Gotta love it![8D]
Old 10-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

If its killin deer why change??
Old 10-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Typical Buck

After reading your post the part that caught my attention most was the fact that itis so quiet, to me that means alot, if your bow is qiuet and accurate you will be sticking deer. I have seen new bows that were loud and costed a fortune and ya never could get them quiet no matter what we have tried.