Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Busted leaving my stand

Old 10-06-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Busted leaving my stand

This is my first year hunting with my bow, I'm loving it. But I watched a fawn walk around me for about 15 mins, it finally walked away. So I waited 1 hour to leave my stand hoping that the fawn and mom, (who must be near by) to walk far enough away so I would not spook them. by this time it is pretty dark, after I got out of the treestand I saw a large deer and it saw me. My question is = Is my treestand now busted and should I move it? Thank you
Old 10-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Busted leaving my stand

welcome to the forum. no i would give it another try
Old 10-06-2005, 07:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I wouldn't sweat it either. One sighting by one deer is not enough to ruin a stand.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:46 PM

i don't think them seeing your stand will hurt anything. Unless this becomes habbit. Even then I don't think it will matter.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:49 PM

YEP I WOULDN'T
ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

I wouldn't sweat it either. One sighting by one deer is not enough to ruin a stand.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:54 PM

No, it's not. There have been plenty of times where I've been hunting and I've shot at deer and missed and they've seen me but the same deerstill walk by it next time I'm up hunting.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Everybody get's busted leaving their stand at night weather you know it or not. Just because you don't hear a deer blowing don't mean they don't see you. That is why it is important to have alot of different spots on the property you hunt if possible. Twice in a stand and I'm out of it for a few days.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're fine, just give it one or two days to calm down and get back to normal. The thing is you can't hunt the same stand over and over and over cuz deer catch on to those sort of things.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Everybody get's busted leaving their stand at night weather you know it or not. Just because you don't hear a deer blowing don't mean they don't see you. That is why it is important to have alot of different spots on the property you hunt if possible. Twice in a stand and I'm out of it for a few days.
Ding.....Ding.....Ding.....Absolutely correct!!!

There is an old saying that I remind myself ofwhile I am in my stand. "If you see deer where you hunt, you can bet there is at least ONE within 300yds at any given time"

I always think there is deer watching me when I walk both in and out. I try not to make too much noise or attract too much attention. As long as you don't spook deer close to you (give them time to move on like you did) you will be ok.

Like others have said, try to hunt different spots. If you only have the one thengive it a rest for a few days after you have hunted it a couple in a row.Yes I know it means no hunting butit's better than spooking all of the deer away and making them changetheir patterns.

I would rather take a fews days off than ruin it for the season. The rut hasn't even started yet.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome ,No hunt it again

Quick Reply: Busted leaving my stand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.