Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need to vent...

Old 10-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Spike

Default I need to vent...

I was unable to get out on the Pa opener due to the passing of my dad. I did however, hunt on Monday Oct. 3. On my way into the woods, what did I come across?--A SPIKE that had half of its hind quarters eaten. I inspected this animal on the way out and found that some #$%hole hunter double lunged this animal. The shooter must haverealized it was not legal, and left it to rot. Judging by the shot placement(perfect), the buck had to be fairly close, so I don't know how this so-called hunter could not see the rather large 7-8 inch spikes. If that person was any kind of sportsman, or had any nads--he would have notified the game commisison--Yes he would have been fined $25, lost the antlers, but would have kept the meat instead of letting it rot in the woods.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I need to vent...

It's a shame that things like this happen. Unfortunately it happens alot. [:'(]
Old 10-06-2005, 12:03 PM

Sorry to hear about your dad.

That sucks that a fellow hunter would do that if it's illegal in your state. I agree he should have called paid the fine and donate the meat to the needy if he did not want it.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to here about your dad. you have to be in Pa.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:30 PM

First, very sorry to hear about your Dad. You will cherish the memories forever so hold them dear to your heart.

Second, yup...not surprised. There are hunters out there that will shoot anything. Perhaps they thought the antlers were less than 3" to be considered an antlerless deer (that's the law in NJ). But I always pass on those shots because the antlers do look less than 3" until you get closer and they end up being closer to 6". I'm more or less a doe shooter so i don't find myself in those situations. People are out there doing that and it sucks because next year that deer could be a shooter!
Old 10-06-2005, 01:33 PM

Sorry for you loss man.. I know how it feels. I lost dad and grandpop last year. Still tough to swallow.. especially during hunting season.. Stay strong!
Old 10-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

If it was a double lung shot than the hunter wasn't far from where you found the buck. If you see a stand or hunter close by I bet that might be the coulprit. Won't do any good now but at least you will have an idea who it might have been. Sorry about you dad friend.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

We had a friend of a friend hunt in our camp a couple years ago when Antler restrictions had just started. He made a mistake kill it wasa 4 point (we are in the 6pt area 3 on a side)..he assumed brow tines..it had none

He gutted it,drug it out, called the game warden. He was fined had to go to court and was publicly chastised in front of everyone by the judge! All this for doing the right thing! If It happenend to me, now after seeing how he was treated. I can tell ya, whatever I did with the deer, the law would never know!

PS...this guy never came back to camp either!
Old 10-06-2005, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

If that person was any kind of sportsman
Thats the whole problem he wasn`t
BTW-Sorry to here about your dad.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to hear of your loss sir. That type of PA hunting doesn't surprise me though. You don't want to know how many deer were left lay last year after the rifle season in my area. [:@]

Quick Reply: I need to vent...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.