Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need to vent...

Old 10-06-2005, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I need to vent...

I have also come across animals that were left to rot and it turns my stomach to think a person could have so little regard for the animal.I have even heard idiot's brag about it if isn't what I want I leave for the coyote's.
Very sorry to hear of the loss of your dad!
Old 10-06-2005, 10:19 PM

I am sorry you lostyour Father, and had to confront this type of behavior shortly after!
Old 10-06-2005, 11:47 PM

Sounds like those antler restrictions turned out to be a great idea

Nice of Mr Alt to screw your state royal and leave everyone else to clean up his mess.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:23 AM
Spike

The humiliation was uncalled for, but he did make a primary mistake, he was unsure of his target when he released. He did the right thing though. We must be accountable for our actions.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:25 AM
Spike

Actually I'm in favor of the restrictions, but not the way the herd reductions were implemented.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

WTDOC Actually the mistake was made in gun season. Yes we all know it was wrong. None of us cut him any slack either. True he should have gotten the fine and the court appearance. But when the Judge started on us non residents just shooting at fur..he made a crucial mistake.
He did the right thing after a grievious wrong..there should have been some understanding it was the 1st year of AR.
The ONLY action of his I'm defending,is stepping up and admitting the mistake. If he would have let it lay no-one, (us included), would have been the wiser.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:56 AM

i have heard stories about guys who made a mistake kill, less then 8 or 6 points depending on the management unit. when you go to the game commision you pay the $25 and then if they don't believe you ,you have to take them to the kill site and they will determine if you should have shot or not andwhether you should have been able to tell if it was legal or not. if they decide you should have been able to tell and you shot anyway the fine will be $500.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Terrible, I know if I had that happen I would be more than happy to pay the 25 dollars. That guy isn't a hunter he is a coward. Good luck all.