Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dont you hate it when .....

Old 10-06-2005, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dont you hate it when .....

I've been using a 1/4" peep for years andI've had the same problem more than once. But , every time I had that problem , a quick glance at my watch confirmed that it was past legal shooting hours. In Wisconsin our shooting hours are well defined for every day of the season with a open time listing and closing time listing. The only time I've had the peep problem is when I'm at least 30 minutes past closing time. The way I see it , why change something that works just so I can break the rules.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Dominant Buck

It's called, "Install the peep correctly and use a string loop".
Old 10-06-2005, 07:08 PM

Or....you could use a Hindsight Crossfire.....
Old 10-06-2005, 07:10 PM

I respect you for not taking the shot. It's not an equipment problem, there just comes a time when it's too dark to make an ethical shot. I know of many people who have shot when it's too dark to make a decent shot, wounded a great amount of whitetails and it makes me sick. Instead of getting on someone for what we think is an equipment problem, maybe we should congratulate each other for making the right decision. It's an early season, you'll get another shot at a big one. Good Luck.

Paul
Old 10-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hoyt KS

...Deleted by CalHunter...but not everyones the same!!!
Hey Hoyt KS....let's try to keep it CLEAN around here! There ARE ladies and young hunters on this board. I won't even mention that when you resort to using profanity, you're just telling people you have nothing more intelligent to say!
Old 10-06-2005, 07:18 PM

THANKS, RATTLE- I WAS JUST ABOUT TO DO THE SAME THING.
ONE OF THE REALLY GREAT THINGS ABOUT THIS SITE IS THAT WE DON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH CRAP OR IGNORANCE.
BUT MAYBE HE WASN'T AWARE THAT HE WAS BEING OFFENSIVE...........
Old 10-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunted with sights once. ONLY once. I was standing in bright sunlight and the critter was in deep shade, perfectly visible and not 15 yards away. When I drew onit, the sun was so bright, shining on my pins, I could see the sights but not the animal. I went home empty handed that day, empty handed after being presented a shot that would have been a slam dunk.

That was 25 years ago. Kept using sights for tournament shooting but never again have I put sights on a hunting bow. Take the sights off and learn to shoot without them. That way you don't have to worry about peep sights or bad light.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:43 PM

I'M WITH

Old 10-06-2005, 08:25 PM

ORIGINAL: RattleSnake1

Hey Hoyt KS....let's try to keep it CLEAN around here! There ARE ladies and young hunters on this board. I won't even mention that when you resort to using profanity, you're just telling people you have nothing more intelligent to say!
Thanks Rattle........this site IS good clean fun with a lot of hunters trying to help others learn.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:24 PM

Witha bow press you canadjust how your peep is stuck inthe fibers of the stringto make your peep always line up. Its as easy as taking a fibers from the left sideand bring it around to the other side(and from the right to the left) until the peep is perfectly aligned.

Quick Reply: Dont you hate it when .....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.