Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

storm and rabbit

Old 10-06-2005, 10:24 AM

Default storm and rabbit

First I live where rita has come thru and screwed the woods up .You need a chainsaw to move around in it.Does anyone know if this screws the deer up.
My next question is as I am sitting still as posible in a tree I have a damn rabbit making all kinds of noise right below me.Will it scare a deer away if so I will kill the rabbit
Old 10-06-2005, 10:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: storm and rabbit

In a way, Rita helped the whitetails by giving them access to browse in the way of downed trees. It also opened up the skyline to allow undergrowth to regenerate. You'll probably find yourself in some real thick stuff for years to come but you know where the big ones hang, in the thick stuff. As for the rabbit, I'm sure it'll get the deers attention but they will dismiss it...enjoy the entertainment.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rabbit = Lunch today. Hunt deer tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with Rob in that it should help in some aspects. However, rescouting an area to look for new trails, etc... is most definitely going to be necessary. Squirrels, rabbits, etc.. do not bother deer. I had a squirrel come down a tree right in front of a deer and making all kinds of racket on the way down....the deer didn't flinch.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

a RABBIT wont scare the deer. I see squirrels,skunks,coons ,catsall move around deer and the deer dont care
Old 10-06-2005, 01:40 PM

Ok thanks guys I will hunt the deer and spare the rabbit
Old 10-06-2005, 01:56 PM

What kind of noise was he making? I've never heard any rabbit noise except if a hawk or something is killing it, then a high pitched squeal
Old 10-06-2005, 02:22 PM

Last year I saw a fawn play and chase a rabbit around maybe 20 yds from me for over 20 min. I t was awsome! There wasnt anything else going on so atleast i was entertained.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:02 AM

Man you wouldn't believe it .This rabbit was singing He anit nothin but a hound dog.That didn't bother me it was the branches and limb breaking and leaves russeling
Old 10-07-2005, 06:05 AM

ORIGINAL: hunt4hogs

Man you wouldn't believe it .This rabbit was singing He anit nothin but a hound dog.That didn't bother me it was the branches and limb breaking and leaves russeling
Better not kill that one. He could be your ticket to riches

Quick Reply: storm and rabbit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.