Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question about Moultrie dig. game cameras

Old 10-04-2005, 08:38 AM

Default Question about Moultrie dig. game cameras

I have a question about the Moultrie cameras. They have 16 MB internal memory, but do you have to take your camera down and to your computer to get the pictures off of the internal memory or is there another way of getting the pictures off? Also, can you remove the camera part of the unit to use as a stand alone camera or not? I’ve already bought one regardless, but I was wondering. By the way, $98 bucks and free shipping on ebay.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:40 AM

Default RE: Question about Moultrie dig. game cameras

As long as it uses the flash card you can just remove the card and download it to your PC. I would think that it probably is being as how the mounting and what not is not the easiest sometimes. If it is, you need to get youa 128 or bigger card so one you get more pics and two you can swap the cards out and never miss a day.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:52 AM

We just got ours and put it out. If you use the internal memory you must take the camera down to download it OR take your laptop to the field. You cannot download the internal memory to a card. The SD cards it takes are pretty cheap, just do a web search on them. It will not take larger than a 256, but that is about 600 pics anyways. We are getting two cards so we can just swap cards in the field. Get the rechargable 6V battery, instructions say it will run it 2-3 weeks, there is a battery charge indicator on the lcd, swap battery when it gets down to 20%. We are planning on putting a solar charger on ours so we don't have to swap batteries. Good luck!
Old 10-04-2005, 09:12 AM

I have a wild view digital that uses the SD cards. 128meg SD card at walmart 19.88 card reader to read card in and out of computer 27.98. swap SD cards and carry them to the card reader and see pictures.. [&:]
Old 10-04-2005, 09:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Bees

I have a wild view digital that uses the SD cards. 128meg SD card at walmart 19.88 card reader to read card in and out of computer 27.98. swap SD cards and carry them to the card reader and see pictures.. [&:]
I can stick the cards in my wife's digital at the house and download from her camera and save the 27.98 for a card reader.

I just need a couple smaller cards or a laptop.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:08 AM

One other question. What effect does the flash have on the deer? Since it is quiet, fast, ordorless, and hard to tell what direction the flash comes from, I wouldn't think it would really scare the deer.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

I just take my laptop in the woods and download the pictures in the field. Makes it easy and fast. I have checked my camera 3 weeks in a row and every time I check it the battery is dead. I think it only lasts for 2 or 3 days. I think something is wrong, has anyone else had this problem? I get great pics but they are only of the first couple days it is out. I have a recharble battery and it shows full charge when I plug it in to the camera, just can't figure it out. Maybe I am using the wrong kind of battery, is there more than one type of 6 volt battery?
Old 10-04-2005, 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: MILLERTIME10

I just take my laptop in the woods and download the pictures in the field. Makes it easy and fast. I have checked my camera 3 weeks in a row and every time I check it the battery is dead. I think it only lasts for 2 or 3 days. I think something is wrong, has anyone else had this problem? I get great pics but they are only of the first couple days it is out. I have a recharble battery and it shows full charge when I plug it in to the camera, just can't figure it out. Maybe I am using the wrong kind of battery, is there more than one type of 6 volt battery?
1) There are many types of 6 volt batteries, just like AA batteries. There is heavy duty, alkaline, rechargeable, etc… Alkaline is good for stuff like remote control cars and items that may require a lot of juice for an extended period of time. Heavy duty batteries are good for items that will get intermittent use, like a camera. However, digitals seem to use a lot of juice.
2) You can get a solar panel to recharge your batteries. Mount several feet above your camera where it will get some sun and it will recharge you batteries on site. No more hassle of changing and charging batteries. These panels are $20 at Wal-Mart.
3) I read about someone with a similar problem, although I don’t remember what brand & type of camera it was. Their camera had settings on, off, and auto. They had their camera set to on, which constantly used juice from the battery. If they would have had their camera on auto, it would only use juice from the battery for a minute or so while the camera was being used.

Old 10-04-2005, 06:48 PM

ORIGINAL: AppleOnMyHead

One other question. What effect does the flash have on the deer? Since it is quiet, fast, ordorless, and hard to tell what direction the flash comes from, I wouldn't think it would really scare the deer.
None really. Sometimes I'll get pics of a buck that has "backed up" during the 20 sec. interval between pictures, but almost always he's back again within a few minutes. Certainly doesn't seem to keep them away or anything.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

You cannot remove the camera part to use as a stand alone camera but there is a button so that you can manually take pictures while holding the entire unit.

I do not think this is very practical since the unit is so big and the picture quality so bad.

John

Quick Reply: Question about Moultrie dig. game cameras

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.