Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent

Old 10-03-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Scent

Over the winter i had done some welding while i was wearing my hunting pants. Well i plan on going out archery hunting tomorrow and i havent got any new pants.I was wondering if i washed the pants in baking soda with my coat and all that, then tonight put them in a plastic garbage bag with some pine boughs or something..then if the morning spray them with scent killer if that would take the welding smell out of them? Thanks
Old 10-03-2005, 01:49 PM

Default RE: Scent

You'll only know if you try, but it sounds like a good start to me, maybe wash a couple of times
Old 10-03-2005, 01:53 PM

I think it would work.

BTW Love the sig pic MNPurple
Old 10-03-2005, 02:21 PM

go to walmart and grab some Carbon Clean scent removal.... That stuff is cheap and it works really well. I know this may be gross but i will tell it anyway. I have a prosthetic leg and to keep it on you have to use this thing called a Post Liner. It can get very sweaty and stinky over the months and i use it to kill the scent of that when I am hunting. It works like a charm.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:35 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: DubsOnD

I think it would work.

BTW Love the sig pic MNPurple
Ya know, not to highjack this thread or get off the subject.......BUT I too am a Minnesota Viking fan (have been since the days of Tarkington) When I was comming out of college I wanted to get drafted by the Vinings in the worst way. Well as fate would have it I recieved letters and got "worked out" by every team in the NFL I ended upgoing toDenver but when I asked my agent about Minnesota he said he had not even heard from them and they would not even return his calls[:@]

They finally called on the second day of the draft (back when they had 12 rounds) but I was already signed by then......Boy I would have played there for free.

Sorry about that...back to scents, I think by just washing them a few times you should be able to get the welding smell out of them. I don't see a needfor the pine if you are going to spray them in the morning.