Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Weird Mood

Old 10-02-2002, 07:35 PM

Default Weird Mood

I'm in a weird mood tonight. But since I've had 3 years of bowhunting in 93-95 taken away from me for duty, I want all of you, when you climb a treestand, set up a blind or whatever in the woods hunting an animal, to count your blessings and thank God for what you have and can do. For the last 2 weeks I've hunted almost everyday with no success or hardly seeing deer. This isn't normal for me. I start to get down on myself and think what is wrong. But then I resort to thinking about those years without bowhunting and I smile and say to myself: "I've got it good because I CAN!"
Thanks for venting.............
Old 10-02-2002, 07:58 PM

Default RE: Weird Mood

you go jet!!!

Through the nonseason that's all i can think about. Just wanna be in those woods. There is a certain bond that we hunters have with nature, with wildlife that nobody else has and that nobody else can take from us if we work together to keep it. It's an unexplainable feeling... especially the one when you have a deer 20 yards from your stand. It's something that we can't explain but something only us hunters understand. I get people asking me why i hunt.... Now I can sit there and lecture them on why I hunt and the benefits of hunting but no I don't. All I say is, "Do you really want to know why I hunt?" I ask this in hopes that they say yes. Why because I tell them this, " If you really wanna know why I hunt, why millions of other people hunt, then let me take you out into the woods.. into a deer blind and sit and wait in the anticipation of a deer to walk into you stand. If one doesn't come that day we'll go out again and again..... until that moment when that elusive white-tailed deer walks out into your staned and you feel what we all feel... only then will you know why I hunt and why millions of other people hunt, and you will also know the bond that keeps all of us hunters close together. Because we are eachother family and we are eachothers guiding light."
venting......

Knuckles up>>> Brian

Old 10-03-2002, 07:01 AM

Default RE: Weird Mood

Jet,
sounds like you did a tour in Germany or close to???? I know how you feel. Did that from 89-92. Uncle Sam is making it up to me though....when they send me to Alaska for three years in 2004...WoooHoo!

AH