Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting from the Ground

Old 10-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting from the Ground

Talondale
I hunted KS. till I was 28 years old. Killed many whitetail doing the same thing.I do agree with you the westearn animals are dumb.Even the whitetail out here are dumb.I dont even see how the muledeer make it at all.I have many 180+ ducks to show for it.It was just to hard for me to set in a tree and see an asome buck walk by my stand at 60 yards.So I gave up stand hunting and have never looked back.I beleave this was one of the best choices I ever made in hunting.

I do know it is not as eazy as I mad it sound.I think in my case where that is all I do.I get busted 75% of the time here in MT.I can tell you I got busted 90%of the time in KS. But that still lets me kill the animal 1 out of 10 times.Getting busted is just part of the fun.

Hunt hard
Charles Bradford
Old 10-04-2005, 03:35 PM

ORIGINAL: ELKINMTCWB

Talondale
I hunted KS. till I was 28 years old. Killed many whitetail doing the same thing.I do agree with you the westearn animals are dumb.Even the whitetail out here are dumb.I dont even see how the muledeer make it at all.I have many 180+ ducks to show for it.It was just to hard for me to set in a tree and see an asome buck walk by my stand at 60 yards.So I gave up stand hunting and have never looked back.I beleave this was one of the best choices I ever made in hunting.

I do know it is not as eazy as I mad it sound.I think in my case where that is all I do.I get busted 75% of the time here in MT.I can tell you I got busted 90%of the time in KS. But that still lets me kill the animal 1 out of 10 times.Getting busted is just part of the fun.

Hunt hard
Charles Bradford
Precisely.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:42 PM
Dominant Buck

I've gotten somewhat used to seeing white flags , and every time I see them I think "Yeah , this time ..."
Old 10-04-2005, 06:10 PM

actually my blind is very small since it is 27" high and 60" long and it is leafy material. I think on friday I'll make a few mock scrapes by a trail and find a bush to hide in lol.

Thanks for the tips

Kurt