Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

opening day doe and I miss!!!

Old 10-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: opening day doe and I miss!!!

As the others mentioned, I do hope that you practice at that distance. If you do and just missed then I am sorry to hear that and hope you get another shot at one soon.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:54 PM

ok ok let a man defend himself lol. lets see if I can answer everything here.
A. I do practice from 40-50 yards a lot
B. I agree it may have been a little foolish because it was getting dark but I still think I would have been able to recover it had I not missed.
C. My signature is from a LongFellow poem called the arrow and the song very good poem you should look it up.
D. finally let me just add I don't think 40-50 yards shots are to long for takeing deer exsecially in my cass because there was no wind it just happen to be a bad shot every has a bad shot from time to time.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

A. I do practice from 40-50 yards a lot
So there should be no reason to ask Dan how far the deer was.

B. I agree it may have been a little foolish because it was getting dark but I still think I would have been able to recover it had I not missed.
This one is interesting. How are you do confident on recovering it had you not missed? It was either in the vitals or a miss kind of deal?

Sounds like a poor decision to me. You obviously made the decision it was too dark to shoot so you packed it in. All of the sudden you see deer and all bets are off? The sun rose back in the sky a little bit for you?

Hope you make a better choice next time. Good luck to ya.