Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what a first day!!

Old 10-01-2005, 08:12 PM

Default what a first day!!

Wow I love hunting, I missed it so much during the off season. This morning was a great first day of the season. Started my going up the tree right at first lightwith my climber, and before i got to the top i saw a deer take off. got the stand inposition, pulled my bow up, 2 does come walken towards me, one just kept walken, the 2nd stood under my stand for a half hour. As soon as she decided to walk off a pretty wide 4 horn came in, walked under my stand for a half hour, then when he decided to walk away, in came 2 big ole turkeys, never came in range, but still loved seeing them. They stood around for 15 minutes then took off. Then i finally got all my stuff out of my bag, got set up and got an arrow knocked, and then after that all is aw was 2 does mossied by under my stand. No big deer, and didn't get a shot on the big gobblers, but man i love hunting. so damn exciting
Old 10-01-2005, 08:15 PM

Default RE: what a first day!!

forgot something important, a tip to you guys. be careful not to drop your call on the ground, i made the mistake this morning.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:23 PM

Yea that would be a bummer, I would just start crying if I dropped mine. lol
Old 10-01-2005, 09:02 PM

I didn't make a foolish mistake like dropping my call because I forgot it.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:26 PM

Thats ok , i had the butter fingers this morning to . Climbed up my tree , Secured my safety harness put the , ratchet straps on my stand to secure it in place . Pulled out my bow hanger and dropped it 20ft to the ground .
Old 10-02-2005, 10:11 AM

OMG thanks for the laughs guys.Reminders of some of my outtings in the past.I forgot my release one time.Didnt realize it till I was up the tree.HAd to go back all the way back to the house to get it.Dropped calls,quiver with all my arrows in it,chew can and once a piss jar.Now I dont use one.I jst pee from the tree.HAsnt affected my hunting as of yet.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:07 AM

I dropped my gear reel soon as I got to the top and I was NOT climbing back down to get it.[:-]
Old 10-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree. Some times it is just nice to be able to sit and watch all of the beautiful wildlife and nature in general.