Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hot opening day....

Old 10-01-2005, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Hot opening day....

Hey there...

I went out today for opening bow season and roasted. Don't know exactly what the temp reached, but I was sweating my a$$ off. Didn't see any deer either. So, at least I was out and enjoying the day bowhunting. We just need some real chilly weather to come in.

Old 10-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hot opening day....

It was warmer than I'd like here in PA but I still had a great time nonetheless.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:22 PM

Your not even kidding around, it hit 75 today where I was hutning, it was BAD! But it was still really nice to get out into the woods this morning.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was hot in Indiana too- 77 degrees
Old 10-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was surprised that despite the warm temps there was alot of deer movement in the area I was hunting. I don't think I went more than 20 minutes without seeing a deer. Unfortunately none of them stepped into a good shooting lane.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:31 PM

Oh, I sooooo feel your pain. All during the workweek, it was a balmy 65 degrees during the day, and in the low 40's at night. HA HA..not today. Temps soared well into the 80's. Wouldn't ya know it, another cold front is on the way, and by Monday, highs back in the 60's. [:@]
Old 10-01-2005, 08:36 PM

Yeah, I was a big ball of sweat by the time I was in my stand tonight. Next week is going to be hotter yet. But the week of Oct 10 is going to be cold.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your not even kidding around, it hit 75 today where I was hutning, it was BAD!
I'd love to have 75 for a high. I woke up at 4:30 and it was 74. went back to bed, and when I rewoke at 10, it was already 92
Old 10-02-2005, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

The first 10 days of our season featured temps WELL above average. The only time that temps seemed to dip was on days that I had to work [:@] The end of last week cooled off a bit and I scored, but the temps were even lower on the following days. I'm off the next few days again and guess where the temps will be? The 80's!![:@][:@]

I hate sitting in the heat seeing nothing. Getting one is great, but then you have to find it quickly and get it cooled and butchered.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:29 AM

yeah im in Richmond VA too....we hunted yesterday morning, but opted for pizza and napping in the afternoon/evening hours.....LOL

Quick Reply: Hot opening day....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.