Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Great Day

Old 10-01-2005, 08:28 AM

Default Great Day

Well today was the opening day of the Iowa Bow Season, I had a very eventfull morning. I climbed into my stand at about 6:00AM and from about 6:45 when it was just barely getting light out i had deer under me the whole time. Lots of very nice does, but i couldn't make myself shoot they all had the little ones with, and for some reason i just cant make myself shoot when the fawns are with mom. 3 decent bucks all about 100" that need a few more years. 11 Turkeys (of course i didn't buy a turkey tag this year, if i would have i wouldn't have seen any turkeys.) And the best thing is that i get to go out again this afternoon.

I LOVE BOWHUNTING
Old 10-01-2005, 09:15 AM

Default RE: Great Day

I had a doe at 6:35 this morning.Sat back and just enjoyed the rest of my morning and more does feeding all around me in the acorns.Going back out to a different spot this afternoon for my first chance at a biggun.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was PA's opener today also...Had 2 smaller does walk under my stand, and hearda couple more. We still have some meat though, so there wan't any need to take a doe right away. Tonight I'm going to another spot where my uncle and his neighbor have seen a big twelve....hopefully I'll see him too!!!
Old 10-01-2005, 09:24 AM

Im going to go back out this afternoon, i think im going to take the double bull matrix and the video camera and hope to get a shot at a nice one on video. Good luck to you guys.