Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Limb pop???

Old 09-30-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Limb pop???

Ipractice shooting nearly every night, and the first time (and only the first time) that I draw back my upper limb pops right around the limb pocket. Is this a hint that my limb pockets need greased? I think the tick may be loud enough for a deer to hear?? I've had the bow for about 6 years, it's one of topbrands in my opinion.....a Hoyt, Mathews, or Bowtech.....I leave it anonymousin attempt tocurb the "buy a and you wont have those problems" comments. Any other suggestions? Thanks. 4Buck
Old 09-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Limb pop???

I wouldnt take it apart this close to season. If your confident nothing physically is wrong with the bow, just draw it when you first get in your stand.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:16 PM

yep you should get it check, 6 year old bow probably needs some cleaning and lubeing anyway. If you can hear it I imagine a deer will too. hard to be a silent assin when your bow is poping
Old 09-30-2005, 06:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am a bit confused. Did your limb pop out of the limb pocket or is there just a "popping" sound in the limb pocket area when you draw the bow back. If it is the latter then, yes, I would agree that the bow should be disassembled and the limb pocket lubed.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:00 PM

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

I am a bit confused. Did your limb pop out of the limb pocket or is there just a "popping" sound in the limb pocket area when you draw the bow back. If it is the latter then, yes, I would agree that the bow should be disassembled and the limb pocket lubed.
The limb is making a popping sound, more like a click.I hate to take it apart this close to season, it's perfectly tuned and shooting good. I don't notice any splits/cracks in the limbs. I had the axles lubed a month ago, but theclick is definately coming from around the limb pocket. It happens at about 1/4 draw, if that much. Thanks for the suggestions......I guess I havea longbow to use if I have to.