Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mechanical BH-75% failure rate!!!!!!!

Old 10-03-2002, 02:43 PM
CG

Default RE: Mechanical BH-75% failure rate!!!!!!!

HuntingBry,
Again I'm not against mechanical use. I think the Snyper is a superior design in FUNCTION...the issue with the tip has got to be addressed because I beleive that is the only flaw in the design. BTW, I'm not the only other person that has seen this happen. 5shot has said he has reports from several others that similar things have occured with their Snypers. If they would put a muzzy type tip on it and make the ferrule tip solid....I'll be giving them a good testing again....

"What we do in this life echos an eternity"
Old 10-03-2002, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to admit CG , I picked up some snypers for this year , and although I haven't tested them on game yet , the tip looks chinsy(sp?). After reading your posts I have'nt gotten up the courage to nock a snyper when in my stand yet. I've been waiting to try the spitfires with rubber bands first. All the testing I've done with rubber bands on my spitfires were 100% open on impact. When I draw blood with them , I'll post the pics.

Good luck to all!

"Nocked,cocked & ready to rock"
Old 10-03-2002, 03:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

CG, it's great to see that you have such an open mind about the heads. I don't know that I would be as forgiving as you have been if I were in your shoes. I have always been of the opinion that if it works for you, it doesn't matter what the name is on it use it. Your input has made me question the reliability of these heads despite my own personal experience. I now feel that if I use them I will have a little voice in the back of my head questioning them and that is the last thing you need during the moment of truth. Anyone that has hunted long enough knows that even if you do everything right something can still go wrong. It is uncontrollable, so I need to stack the deck in my favor. Fortunately, I have a box full of quality heads that I can switch to so I am doing so. I appreciate your input and hopefully it will help others in their decision making.
Old 10-03-2002, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Say, Bowfanatic, what's with using rubber bands on the spitfires, Are you trying them without the little pressure piece that normally holds them closed? If so, why? I must of missed something along the lines, 'cause I hadn't heard of this idea before. Fill me in!
Old 10-03-2002, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

What is it with hunters that when something happens that just isn't explainable to normal train of thought, the person gets jumped on or called a liar etc. I had an experience with a peice of equipment and everybody thought I was making excuse for poor shooting skills,etc. Well many of the guys who basically said "I don't believe you", know that I can shot as good and in some cases better than them on a daily basis. However the refused to believe my accounts, well finally the manufacturer of this product agreed and warrantied the defect...than they just quietly said "Nothing"!

I for one thing it is good to here about product short comings, failures what ever you want to call it. I will also say if it is a rare case it probably won't effect my decision but it does open up thought about all equipment and the possibility of failure.

As to unethical and head shots. Just b/c you or I wouldn't do it on a yote, why do we have to sit perched on our limbs like ravens at a kill....just waiting to peck? If CG was shooting at deer, elk, turkey whatever than maybe some slap up or gut check is required but he clearly indicated it was a shot he would never attempt on anything that is considered a game animal. I am willing to bet almost all of us have taken a risky shot and had good and bad results.

CG, did a fine job in not bashing any one or even the product he felt failed. However some post weren't so kind and respectful to him!

JMHO

Be safe and have a great season!

Old 10-03-2002, 05:34 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-03-2002, 05:52 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-03-2002, 05:59 PM
CG

krisken,
Never mind....I see it won't matter....

Old 10-03-2002, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

"Just to clarify something on the neck shot that bent the Snyper. Most of the bending was at the ferrule and a little curl to the blade. And it did hit bone...it was inbedded in the 3rd cervical vertebrea below the skull and had to be cut out with a saw."

CG why didn't you mention this in the first post?
Old 10-03-2002, 07:37 PM
CG

Sorry, Buckfevr. I guess when I said neck, that is what I meant (neck bone). Sorry I didn't mean to be misleading. I may be blood thirsty, inhumane, and not have any morals and should be banished by my peers but I'm not dishonest. Again, sorry to be misleading. I will hopefully have pics up tonight or tomorrow of that particular head.

Quick Reply: Mechanical BH-75% failure rate!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.