Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wisconsin bowhunter killed by squirrel hunter while he was videotaping

Old 09-30-2005, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wisconsin bowhunter killed by squirrel hunter while he was videotaping

Man a lot of bowhunters get shot by squirrel hunters. This one is different though. The bowhunter was recording with his camcorder when it happened.

Here's a link to the article:

http://www.startribune.com/stories/484/5643887.html

Old 09-30-2005, 08:25 AM

Default RE: Wisconsin bowhunter killed by squirrel hunter while he was videotaping

Man that is horrible. How the F*#$ can anyone mistake ahuman for a squirrel. Then on top of that they leave the guy there to die!?!? The guy who shot him should rot in prison adn the guy who was promising help should too. He shot him not once but twice. I have never understood how someone could mistake a human for any animal, unless they are shooting at "movement". That is just the most terrible story I've heard ina while
Old 09-30-2005, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wisconsin bowhunter killed by squirrel hunter while he was videotaping

That is absolutely terrible. I wish people like this went straight from the courtroom to execution. No reason for him to continue his life in prision. In my opinion. [:@]
Old 09-30-2005, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very disturbing story. To just leave him there and not get help is unbelievable. I hope he does spend the rest of his life in prison. Either that or just execute him.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:58 AM

I cant even begin to say how I feel. A very young life has been ended due to total and gross negilgence. My prayers are with this mans family. You must be totaly sure of our target and what is beyond it. The other thing that has always bothered me is the use of a 22 cal for hunting squirrels that are in a tree. The bullet travels way to far to be shooting in the air. I do use the 22 but never shoot them while they are in a tree. ( only while they are on the ground ) If you want to hunt them in a tree use a shotgun with #6 or #8 shot. Those pellets don't travel very far and are much safer for others in the woods.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats terrible, i hope they give that idiot a cell right next to Vangs.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:21 AM

Man that is beyond terrible. Seems like this sort of thing is starting to happen more and more. Since I can remember we have had 3 hunters killed by other hunters. One of which was my good friend who was killed by a twelve year old boy he had hunting with him. This man doesnt even deserve a cell. Hopefully someone will claim him in jail and trade his "services" for a pack of smokes every chance he gets.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:36 AM

That is truly the most disturbing thing i have heard in quite some time,For the life of me i can't uderstand how you shoot a person twice and still think it was a squirrel.I think the judge should let Seth's parents have a .22 and shoot him twice and watch him die.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is absolutely no excuse in the book for that one. That is just aweful. I mean, did the guy have something out for him or what. You dont just shoot a human because you thought it was a squirrel. I dont care how well camoflauged he was. Sounds like foul play..
Old 09-30-2005, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's why I pack a hand gun. Some sob starts shooting at me I'm spraying the woods with 9mm rounds. How in the heck can a man be mistaken for a damn squirrel? Sad very sad.

Quick Reply: Wisconsin bowhunter killed by squirrel hunter while he was videotaping

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.