Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wisconsin bowhunter killed by squirrel hunter while he was videotaping

Old 09-30-2005, 11:50 AM

Default RE: Wisconsin bowhunter killed by squirrel hunter while he was videotaping

This is unbelievable. We thought we saw it all with Vang shooting the deer hunters in Wisconsin. Our prayers go out to the families to get through this tragegy.
Hunter education is getting more important everyday with these freak hunters in the field.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wisconsin bowhunter killed by squirrel hunter while he was videotaping

I don't see Vang or this guy as a hunter but as murders! JMO!
Old 09-30-2005, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: newman1

That is truly the most disturbing thing i have heard in quite some time,For the life of me i can't uderstand how you shoot a person twice and still think it was a squirrel.I think the judge should let Seth's parents have a .22 and shoot him twice and watch him die.
yeah seriously. that seems fit to me. gut shoot him and watch him squirm. how in the world could you shoot a person twice thinking they were a squirrel. then to go along about his daily business without a second thought when he said he would get help. talk about a jack#ss.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't he get shot twice?!?!?!?

ORIGINAL: RackLuster

Man a lot of bowhunters get shot by squirrel hunters. This one is different though. The bowhunter was recording with his camcorder when it happened.

Here's a link to the article:

http://www.startribune.com/stories/484/5643887.html
Old 09-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ayy vayyy![&o]
Old 09-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Spike

How did this turn into a Hmong bashing thread? Russell Schroeder sounds pretty caucasian to me. Don't get me wrong, Vang needs to receive what he has coming to him in prison and I don't doubt he will. But, theperson that committed this crime is just another idiot white guy.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats just terrible, my heart goes out to the family.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

WOW...just WOW! It sounds pretty cold blooded to me as well...I mean he promised to get help, and then goes on with his day like nothing ever happened? WTH? I'm wondering if perhaps the shooter had never been to hunter safety and didn't have a license? I mean IF it really was an accident, what would he be afraid of getting in trouble for? On top of everything...the court will have to look for some kind exterior motive as the hip shot would have made him scream, but he was also shot in the heart...trying to quiet things down maybe?
On another note, mgk3961, this did not really turn into a Hmong bashing thread. What it turned into was people WARNING others about the dangers of small game hunters being on the same private land. I will agree that Hmong were mentioned a couple of times, but every time I've encountered them on public land it's been a carbon copy of what these other folks have already said here. They all carry semi automatic .22's and they DO walk in military formation. I've watched them empty their guns into squirrel nests just to get them moving without ANY regard as to where those bullets are going. You can call it whatever you want, but I've quit hunting public land just because of them...they come in and take over. I wouldn't even be as upset about as I am, but I have a large maple leaf shaped blaze orange rubber tag deal that attaches to limbs and says "HIDDEN HUNTER" on it...and yet the last time one of them even raised their weapon to look at through the scope! I don't care if you want to call me a racist, but I know what I've encountered and every Hmong I've seen in a hunting situation not only shows NO regard for the laws, but no consideration what so ever for SAFETY. Anyone else that mentioned Hmong were simply stating the same things I just did...they didn't come out and bash them....simply that when you have PEOPLE with no regard for safety things get dangerous very quickly...whatever race they may be.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:43 PM

Pretty freakin' messed up man.

My first thoughts are this kid is some idiot who doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground and thinks that a 22 is so small that it could never kill a person. Being shot twice with a 22 could easily happen before a scream would ever be heard. My Ruger will cap off 2 rounds in a blink. He is most likely a moron who knows NOTHING about gun or hunter safety and just shot at a sound or movement.........hell, he may have even shot the kid on purpose thinking it would be funny and just hurt a little bit like an old BB gun or something. When he saw how much the kid was hurt he figured he would get outta Dodge before getting in trouble. I bet he never dreamed the kid would end up dead.

If he did...........he is one SERIOUSLY cold hearted SOB to be able to go about his day as if it never happened.

Either way........stories like this make me sick and I don't even like reading thm.

My father has always said that he has enjoyed hunting a little bit less since all his boys followed in his footsteps and hit the woods with him every year.........he often finds his mind wandering and worrying more about everyone coming home safe then he does about putting deer in the truck. His heart still races when he hears shots ring out close by (he only gun hunts these days)...........but part of that is nervous excitement because he has a place in his heart and mind that can't help but worry about the safety of his boys.............and we are all grown men.

Hunting is so much fun that sometimes people forget how dangerous a situation can become in the blink of an eye.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:00 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

That's why I pack a hand gun. Some sob starts shooting at me I'm spraying the woods with 9mm rounds. How in the heck can a man be mistaken for a damn squirrel? Sad very sad.
That's just real smart. Ilegal while bow hunting deer in Indiana as well.

Somebody shoots at me and I'm going to kill them if I get the chance. Probably wouldn't shoot up the trees in frustration waiting for the chance though. Never know, you just might get that chance after you've used your last bullet spraying the woods. Similar shooting practices might even be a lot of the reason you would get shot at.

Quick Reply: Wisconsin bowhunter killed by squirrel hunter while he was videotaping

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.