Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

shoot through popup tents

Old 09-29-2005, 06:23 AM

Default shoot through popup tents

i just recently purchased a popup blind. Having some back problems, i am not sure if i will be able to make it up the tree with my climber on saturday. We got one from menards that is almost 6ft tall and has a 5 1/2 foot square area at the bottom. Plenty of room for me and my gear and possible another person. Goes up pretty quick and same for taking it down.

My question is, have any of you used them and also used the shoot through screen that can comes with them. This one has 4 large windows and 4 smaller windows that are in the large windows. you can unzip the small ones and sticka mesh looking screen over the small opening. It uses velcro to attach the shoot through mesh to the window opening.

How good is this for shooting through? I am not sure if i trust it and wanted to get more opinions before i try. Says not for firearms and also fixed bladeonly.

thanks!
Old 09-29-2005, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: shoot through popup tents

Sounds like a DOGHOUSE..
I have shot through the mesh, never at a deer though..

I personally wouldnt trust it.

I just dont like the idea of shooting through something. ONLY DEER.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a blind with shoot through windows myself. These products are field tested by professionals and wouldnt tell you they were shoot through if they werent, for the heck of it the other day, i decided to give it a shot with my bow and shoot through the window at a squirell, needless to say, they are shoot through and do not affect arrow flight as long as you have your arrows tuned properly.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:15 AM

thanks for the info/advice. I guess i should just test it myself and find out. I can setup in the back yard and shoot at my target and find out.

thanks again!
Old 09-29-2005, 09:16 AM

I just read in a magazine then when you shoot through the mesh you want it to be just a little slack, not as tight as can be because very tight mesh can slightly turn the arrow. I would have thought it should have been tight but it was an interview with one of the blindmakers who said this, he would know I think. North American Hunter Magazine maybe??
Old 09-29-2005, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

I have not seen any effects of the shoot through mesh on arrow flight. I can get just as good of groups at all ranges with the mesh as without.

Andrew
Old 09-29-2005, 12:44 PM

I was very nervous about anything touching my arrow too. I practiced shooting through my Doghouse mesh before taking it out to the woods and it does what they say it does. Put my first arrow in the bull. Shot a second arrow. Took a vane off my first one. Oops. I shoot the Muzzy 4 blade 100s and it left a hole in the mesh a little bigger than a quarter. Seeing is believing.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I purchased one also and practiced through it for 2 weeks. Out to 30 yards I was still on zero. Did not practice farther than that.
I was using 3 blade Muzzy
Old 09-29-2005, 12:54 PM

for you who have shot through the mesh, was yours built in to the blind or was it held on by velcro? The one i purchased is kept in place with a line of velcro around all 4 sides.

thanks again for all the help and advice!
Old 09-29-2005, 01:01 PM

Sounds like the same as yours, velcro.

Quick Reply: shoot through popup tents

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.