Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lost a shooting buddy

Old 09-28-2005, 08:24 AM

Default Lost a shooting buddy

Well, fate struck a fatal blow for me yesterday. The evening started as usuall. Got off work and wenthome andbroke out my bow. I walked to the shed to get my trusty block, walked her to the 20yd mark, went back to the line and prepared to shoot. I centered my 20 pin on whats left of the middle dot and released and then it happened, a complete pass through. Silenced by the sight of this I just stared. Its tough admittingthat her timehas come, but I need a new target. I feel I got my moneys worth out of it, but they have so many to shoose from now that are way less and are supposed to be just as good. Any suggestions? Oh and anyone wanting to make donations to the Trent's Block Memorial Fund jsut shoot me an email and we can make arrangements.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Lost a shooting buddy

Good post. Almost good enough to get me to donate to the memorial... but not quite.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:38 AM

The check is in the mail!
Old 09-28-2005, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry about your loss! I know it hard to except but over time you will get over it! I say move on and get a new one. I use the Block for broadheads and it gets beat up fairly quick! I do shoot alot! I heard good things about the new block, 4 sided I think!
Old 09-28-2005, 09:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

I just hate when that happens.

I believe I am more of a bag target guy myself though I would probably opt for that Yellow Jacket model if I went that route. It has been getting alot of positive reviews.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:38 AM

i love my bag as well. it was just a cheap one at the bow shop, it works well so far.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:41 AM

I have been debating o buying a block myself.I have a stand up deer target.I like shooting at something similar to the real thing over anything else.I do have 3 hay bails behind it for the occasional oops shot.but I have been thinking hard about getting a block.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Site Bouncer

I'm waiting for the time "ole Fred" my deer silhouette that's laminated with several layers of some kind of foam gives up the ghost too.

It's a great target, the arrows come out easy and they pass through about half way no matter how close or how far away I am shooting at it.

I bought it at a garage sale about8 years ago, and I have no idea where it came from. I am not too far from an indoor range so most of my shooting is done there, but for farther shots and right before the season starts "ole Fred" comes out. I like to shoot at a deer target just before hunting starts, gives me the right size at distance of an actual deer.

Sorry about your dying target......I'll light a candle
Old 09-28-2005, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

really had me going there for a minute, i hate it when i lose a shooting buddy.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

well done on the post. I definitely recommend a morrell yellow jacket. I've been shooting mine for a year now (very regularly.... daily) and I haven't even started shooting the back side. But don't use this block for field points, they are tough to get out.

Quick Reply: Lost a shooting buddy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.