Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad Shots

Old 09-27-2005, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bad Shots

Hey All,

Just venting!

I was at an archery range this past weekend. There were a few people at the range shooting. They were absolutely terrible. I'm not the best shot but some of these guys were shooting 4+ inches at 25 yards. I almost got sick to my stomach after one guys was shooting like that and he says, "that should be good enough". He packed up his stuff and left. Scary!

Tom
Old 09-27-2005, 03:15 PM

Default RE: Bad Shots

LOL...yes, I know what you mean. Sad thing is, they will find out the hard way that it isn't.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

Are you saying a 4" group at 25 yards? If so, I wouldnt consider thatterrible.They could definitly be better. Maybe those guys limit themselves to 20 or 25 yard shots. JMHO.

Zach
Old 09-27-2005, 03:35 PM

yes that is a shame . get this. last year a guy joined one of my leases and on the first day of season he shows up late and reeks of cologne gets out his bow and procededto go to his stand . i didnt think much of it cause i didnt think polo was a good attractant for deer lol. well an hour later he comes in with a doe ,loads her up and tells me ya know thats the first time i ever shot a bow . bow hunting is so easy. just goes to show you even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.
ps. i spent the next 6 months educating him on how bow hunting is not that easy. i took him on some 3d shoots the first one he didnt finish lost every arrow before we got halfway.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Are you saying a 4" group at 25 yards? If so, I wouldnt consider thatterrible.
I would tend to agree. If these guys limit their shots to that distance then I don't see a problem with it considering the size of the vital zone on a whitetail. Now if these guys were shooting 4 inch groups at 25 yards and then expected to shoot out to 40 then that would be a different story.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:57 PM

I don't see 4" at 25 yrds as that bad. I don't shoot much better and I shoot all the time. I usually don't take shots at 25 yrds though.

I always have the biggns at about 15
Old 09-27-2005, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ITS KILL ZONE!
Old 09-27-2005, 08:31 PM

4in anit that bad,,i am lucky to get a 2in group at 20yrd,,and ussaly shoot an average of a 6in group at 20yrd,,but i am limiting my self to a 25yrd max,,the main reason being cause i shoot a pendalum sight and cause even with a 60#bow with 2315 alum.arrows and a 100 grn stinger i want to be sure i get enough penetration to ethically and quickly take down a deer
Old 09-27-2005, 08:35 PM

at least they're at the range practicing... Tonight I had to go to the pro shop and get some blazers. I couldn't believe the people there getting setup w/ bows!!! Newsflash guys, its 4 days until opening day!!! When do these guys think they are going to tune and practice with this new bow. Its crazy!!!
Old 09-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, I was at the shop Friday, 8 days before the opener, and some guy was in there with some old piece of junk with the rest on bass-ackwards, and his 3 brass pins just sliding around. Well, he wanted a loop and cat whiskers put on and his rest and sight tightened up. The guy behind the counter told him, " OK, but I can't have it done until January." It was beautiful! The guy got kinda PO'd but the pro told him that even if he did the work that bow and shooter combo would not be ready until next season. He said he was going to a different shop. It's a shame to think he'll be out there on Saturday. Made me love my proshop even more.

Quick Reply: Bad Shots

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.