Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Strap On Stands??

Old 09-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Strap On Stands??

I'm going to getme one of those strap onstands(not sure what the corrrect name is for them)this weekend and was wondering which ones I should consider?I'm reffering to the stands that you use climbing sticks and rathcet strap themon.I want one pretty small so it will be easy to carry and light.Those things don't look like they have much of a tail rest.How comfortable are they,or.....uncomfortable for that matter
Thanks,
JE?
Old 09-26-2005, 08:12 PM

Default RE: Strap On Stands??

I use the huntersview they are light the seat is pretty comfortable and you can pick them up at wal-mart for $50. Oh yeah, it is known as ahang on stand,or permanent. Sorry i cant think of the model name of the top of my head but it's the only one they carry at my wal-mart

Tim
Old 09-26-2005, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just like anything in life, you get what you pay for!

I prefer Lone Wolf stands but when on a tight budget I will pick up a Gorilla stand. Just make sure you get one with a strap, not a chain. The chains are always such a pain in the butt to put up, and they're noisey too.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:49 PM

get alone wolf,just hooks on,wieghs 8lbs,and you can get extra strap hooks for multiple stand locations,cabelas 170.00 bucks,worth every penny.......
Old 09-27-2005, 02:50 PM

I use the Big Game Boss XL. It has a nice size platform and a removable seat cushion. I think it is pretty cozy! They cost around $70-80.00 depending on where you can locate them. I think www.sportsmanclub.com has them. I change mine up a little. I take the strap that comes with it off and get a couple nice 1200 pound capacity ratchet straps....black is good. I ream the holes out in the tabs for the ratchet strap hooks to fit through.I put a ratchet strap around the top and then an extra on the bottom. Works extremely well. Can suck the stand into the tree and is very secure.

Good Luck!
Old 09-27-2005, 04:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

I prefer the Cabelas Trophy Lite series of hang on stands. Lighweight at under 10 lbs, easy to pack in and relatively comfortable. Price is usually less than $75.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

I use some of the hunters view, but I am not a fan of the quality of the ratcheting straps, so I put another tie down on the stand just for my own piece of mind (in addition to the one supplied). I do wish that I had the money in the budget to buy a few of the other stands though. ie, lone wolf or cheppewa wedge loc.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gorilla King Kong Lounger. Best stand I've ever had.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know it's really expensive but you have to go with a Lone Wolf. The quality and features are far beyond all other stands made. I finally convinced myself to buy one a few weeks ago and am still amazed by it.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:15 PM

I agree the Lone Wolf is the better stand and more comfortable.You will pay a lil more for it but you will be happy in the long run.If you are planning on moving it frequintly then you should go with the climbing sticks instead of the screw in's.unless you want to carry a cordless drill with you every time you go out to hang it.