Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent block clothing opposition..

Old 09-26-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Scent block clothing opposition..

It seems there are a lot of negative thoughts about wearing any scent blocking clothing. I'm wondering why this is..I have never used any these past 13 years i've been bow hunting, and lets just say the first 5 were the worst for getting busted by the deer, then I got started playing with scent control..washing detergents sprays..etc. and paying attention to the wind, see and killed all kinds of deer ever since, this year i bought a set of Supprescent bibs and jacket because i was thinking "man i see deer now, but what if i can eliminate around 40% more of the scent i leave behind by wearing this stuff"...maybe i wasn't seeing all the deer i could because of leaving that residual scent behind, long after i was back home on the couch watch'n football...it makes sense to me if it works. any way why all the negative thought behind wearing these types of garmets. Is it the price?? I can't prove if they work cause this will be my first experience, but i got my set up for about 120$, hell i can't find any regular camo for any cheaper. gimme some feedback as to all the opposition. I'll give my feedbackafter this sat. to let you know if I think that it helped or not.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scent block clothing opposition..

Not to be a jerk, but we've had about 2 million of these conversations this year and they've all ended up in the same spot. Some people agree w/scent blocking/containing clothing and some don't. We're all free to do as we will and what works for one guy might not work for another.

I'm going to lock this now before we go down the road we've all come to know so well.

Justin