Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

THIS SUCKS!!!!!!

Old 09-25-2005, 02:37 PM

Default THIS SUCKS!!!!!!

I was finishing sighting in my bow today and got my first pin so if I put it 1" low Imright onat 10 yrdsand if I put it in the middle of the target Its right on at 20. I took my bow over and layed it on the ground at 30 yrds then went and got my arrows. When I pulled back my peep FELL of the string[:@]!!!!! I'll have to take it to the shop this week to get it put back on. I HOPE it will be close to what I had it when I start shooting again.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: THIS SUCKS!!!!!!

That happend to me the day before the season last year. Better when you were in your backyard then in your stand brother!
Old 09-25-2005, 05:37 PM

I had the same thing happen at a 3-d shoot, put it back in myself, bow shoot just fine. Hope it works out for you.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

alwayz sumphin ..at least your werent drawing on a deer....that wouldve been worse....You know when I first used a compound....I didnt use the peep....I kinda just eyeballed the arrow...sorta like long bow.....I better practice that old incorrect style....HEY you never know!
Old 09-25-2005, 05:49 PM

[&:]Better off happening at home. Good luck on getting everything in order for the season.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:50 PM

You should be back on target in no time. As long as you keep the same anchor point you're good. Just close your eyes, draw back and then open them. Adjust the peep then. When they put it in, have them tie the crap out of it with some serving thread.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good post, G2. Yep, have 'emtie it in; that way, you'll never worry about that happening again.