Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
The thrill of the Kill
1.12%
Getting Away from everyday life
3.37%
Being in the wilderness
6.74%
The challenge of bowhunting
12.36%
Seeing wildlife
2.25%
Other (please share)
5.62%
All of the above
68.54%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

What does it for you... as far as bowhunting?

Old 09-22-2005, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What does it for you... as far as bowhunting?

I'm interested what keeps you going out into the woods. For me, it is seeing all God's creatures in the most beautiful setting you can imagine. It's the thrill of the anticipation, the absence of cars and people, sharing time with good people and the list goes on.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:34 PM

Default RE: What does it for you... as far as bowhunting?

every aspect of bowhunting is what does it for me.Sitting there in the woods away from all worries watching the animals do there thing.Getting to the right spot to see eveyrthing I am wanting to see and most certainly placing a arrow in the perfect spot on a nice buck.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:43 PM

i love it all!!! sharing stories with other hunter, seeing wildlife, close encounters that dont turn out, all of it!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

Have you ever noticed it's impossible to explain to a non-hunter what's magical about our sport? I get lividwhen people try to tell me all I want is to kill innocent animals. Most people would pick summer as their favorite season. Mine is without a doubt, autumn. It's not really just because of hunting, it's a magnificent time of the year if you are at all attracted to the outdoors. It's harvest time, the woods are completely changing right before your eyes and the fact that you get to be out there and maybe take a creature so perfect as a whitetail deer is just a bonus. Halloween is my favorite holiday. Football season and baseball playoffs. I just absolutely love fall and to me,there is just no better way to be right in the middle of it then in a deer stand on a crisp, cool, quiet evening with an orange sun setting and a rutting moon rising beyond a freshly-harvested cornfield. Tune in next week for Illini's poetry session
Old 09-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

i was the first vote for "other" for me bow season is the best time to be in the woods, less people in the woods, the animals have not been disturbed, once gun season starts i'll join the ranks of the gun hunters, but the peacefullness of bow season is more special to me than any other time of year, last year opening day gun season, i went bass fishin, opening w/e for gun season is a madhouse around here, and the better gun hunting is later in the season anyway

Most people would pick summer as their favorite season.
fall and winter for me, i can always put on more clothes, when it gets HOTTT, i can only take off so much clothing till people start complaining[:@]

good poll and question
Old 09-22-2005, 09:09 PM

Enjoying wildlife. In the past week I have seen more armadillos than deer in the woods. 3 armadillos, 2 deer. I have never seen an armadillo alive just dead on the road. It made my day.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:18 PM

For me hunting is a way of life. My father took me with him to check trotlines on the Sabine river when I was only 6 months old. I was wrapped up in a blanket and a life vest and I had a little bed in the bottom of the boat. The best times of my life have been in the woods. Whether with my father or my children or my God. Its the total package .
Old 09-23-2005, 02:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

All about having more time to fill the freezer. FOOD
Old 09-23-2005, 03:43 AM
Fork Horn

I love being in a tree and hearing crunch, crunch, crunch before seeing what is making the noise, but I really get going when the blood is on the ground. I absolutely love tracking! I don't care who shot the deer I just want to get down and dirty looking for blood. Chris
Old 09-23-2005, 04:55 AM
Dominant Buck

I enjoy shooting deer with a bow!

Quick Reply: What does it for you... as far as bowhunting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.