Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
The thrill of the Kill
1.12%
Getting Away from everyday life
3.37%
Being in the wilderness
6.74%
The challenge of bowhunting
12.36%
Seeing wildlife
2.25%
Other (please share)
5.62%
All of the above
68.54%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

What does it for you... as far as bowhunting?

Old 09-23-2005, 05:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What does it for you... as far as bowhunting?

All of the above. I enjoy each of the reasons you listed.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:02 AM
Dominant Buck

For me it's the extra time afield that bow hunting affords me , our archery seasons total around 2 months .
Old 09-23-2005, 05:09 AM

WHEN I AM IN THE WOODS TIME STANDS STILL . I USUALY AM WITH MY CHILDREN AT LEAST ONE OF THEM . YOU SEE I AM DIVORCED FROM THIER MOTHER AND SEE THEM ONLY 2 WEEKENDS A MONTH SO MY TIME IS PRECIOUS. AND WHEN WE ARE IN THE WOODS THE DAY SEEMS TO LAST LONGER. COLORS ARE BRIGHTER AND TO WATCH YOUR CHILD COME TO FULL DRAW ON ANYTHING PRICELESS. I AM OFTEN ASKED WHY I DONT ATTEND CHURCH(BEING THAT I HAVE A THEOLOGY DEGREE) ? I USUALY AVOID THE QUESTION BUT WHEN MUST ANSWER IT IS THIS. "I HAVE NEVER FOUND MY GOD IN A CHURCH PEW OR AN OFFERING PLATE I FOUND MY SAVIOR IN THE WILDERNESS THAT THE LORD CREATED FOR ME." I FOUND HIM IN THE TREES AND THE SKY AND WHEN I AM OUT THERE HE FILLS MY HEART AND SOUL. THATS WHAT DOES IT FOR ME....THANK YOU
Old 09-23-2005, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love everything about bowhunting.
The worst day bowhunting is better than best day at work for me.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:32 AM

I would have chose "All of the above", but I took up archery for a reason that was notmentioned, which I feel is important for me to mention so you can see why I enjoy archery. I started hunting with a bow because I likedthe looks of arrows, no one else I knew did it, and because I enjoy seeing animals. I decided to go ahead and buy a bow, that way I could experiance what I have been missing.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I might have voted 'all of the above' except for that "thrill of the kill" part. Nothing about killing is especially thrilling, as far as I'm concerned.

What gets me revved up is making a good stalk, where I've gotten into position to draw my recurve or longbow, make an accurate shot and clean kill without being busted. Pitting my woodsmanship skills against the animal's natural protective instincts and getting it done, that's what really does it. If I did it with a bow I made myself, that's icing on the cake. Satisfaction that all my hard work paid off? Yes. Thrill? Not at all.

Old 09-23-2005, 09:05 AM

I like it all....but seeing wildlife keeps me interested. I like to take pictures when I am on stand. I photo birds, bees, clouds, the moon, whatever. I love it.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:54 AM

What does it for me?

The countdown to opening day.
The time spent scouting with my best friend.
Watching the woods come to life.
The feel of my heart pounding when i hear a rustle then the shaking of my head when it is a squirrel.
The call over the 2 way that my buddy just shot a nice one.
The cold beer after a great harvest.

Most of all on those quite mornings....The talks that I have had with my granddad who passed two years ago.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

What gets me revved up is making a good stalk, where I've gotten into position to draw my recurve or longbow, make an accurate shot and clean kill without being busted
Arthur,

If that's the case why not just sneak up to a position that you know you can make the shot and then draw and let down and let the animal go. Wouldn't you be accomplishing the same thing? If you don't take any satisfaction then why not just take a camera? At the end of the day what we do is also about killing. All of those other things certainly come into play but killing does also or we would all hunt with cameras. God put animals here to be meat for us and even says that in the Bible so there is nothing wrong with taking satisfaction in the kill. JMO
Old 09-23-2005, 10:12 AM

The challenge, thrill of the kill, everything. Just the tought of what may be behind the next tree will make me stay another hour or two. Hunting is not just a way of life for me, it its life. Hunting is what brought me off the street and straightened my life out. Hunting is what will keep my children straight. Hunting is what I know and love more than anything next to my family. My comment on the"what would you do"question might have gotten me tagged as un-ethical redneck, but thats the farthest from the truth. I would never do anything to harm the sport that I so love, I simply said I would help someone in need. What gets me about hunting? Not enough room on this thing.

Quick Reply: What does it for you... as far as bowhunting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.